GH: December Discussion Thread

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why is it tacky? Tacky was having the LnL fake wedding in Tracy's mother's garden while Tracy had to watch. THAT was beyond the pale. On this one it's just a date on a calendar that also happens to be the birthdate of the woman Luke hasn't been involved with for a decade. If anything it's a date of power - Tracy saying the past isn't going to interfere with her life and Luke agreeing. I would have preferred another date just for the sake of keeping all the Laura references away from Tracy, but c'est la vie.

What I find hard to take is everyone who thinks Laura and things associated with Laura should be national shrines and holidays. Every time that character is brought up TPTB have to remind the viewers even more firmly that Luke chose Tracy and has moved on. And I don't think she's coming back to ruin their wedding at all. I'm also thinking that perhaps the realization that even VM's return has done nothing but tank the ratings won't be lost on TPTB - oldtime faves of the 80's/90's don't necessarily speak to the audience of the 21st century.

• Members

I didnt realize Jane hates Brenda. Brenda has done nothing but cause Jax pain? Carly is the best thing to ever happen to him? Im guessing she hasnt heard of the multiple times Carly has screwed around with Sonny

Loved Tracy going off on Sonny!

Tracy: "He is a plague on the Quartermaines"

Sonny: "I have nothing against your family"

Tracy: "Youve gotten rid of most of them. The ones that arent dead have left town to avoid your influence...Luke did you notice the house at Thanksgiving? They were mostly your family, not mine. My father is an old man. He cant take losing anybody else over you"

• Members

^^ See that's the thing, Guza and company know EXACTLY what should happen on GH but they do something else instead. They don't lack awareness as some have claimed. And I always love it when Tracy nails Sonny, I just which they wouldn't constantly have Sonny being the one to walk away with the superior attitude. At least Luke made some attempt to tell Sonny the real deal, I just which he wouldn't join Sonny in his foolishness.

Lisa going on the computer was quite childish, but Robin makes Lisa look like the nobler of the two. Regardless of what Lisa did before the story was rewritten, Lisa did not set the fire nor try to hurt Robin in any way - that's all Robin's imagination. Lisa isn't in the wrong here, and it's fun to watch Nicholas be the voice of reason. Clearly Patrick, Liz and Matt will tell Robin whatever she wants to hear, making themselves look like idiots too.

Can we get rid of Sonny now. Seriously? People seem to fall into 3 categories for him - those he wants to influence, those he wants to belittle and those he wants to f*ck. I'm sick of it.

• Members

Basically, it's not so much that Guza hates certain characters and types of storylines, it's that he likes playing the contrarian (in regards to the audience etc.)? Then you have to add the layer of certain fixations, like Sony and his sexual powers etc. or the Brenda obsession. Which all adds up to an explosive mix of abhorring "drama".

• Members

thats the thing. Robin looks crazy bc she keeps going off on these tirades. I almost thought she was going to hit her again in public. She needs to learn to compose herself better bc she comes across very unprofessional. She would do herself alot better if she'd stop giving Lisa attention. She needs to take some anger managemnt classes to learn to deal with her issues bc she keeps making things worse for herself

Cosign on getting rid of Sonny but that wont happen unless MB leaves himself, which I dont se considering the paycheck and this is the only place he'll be terated like a king

• Members

I LOVED Tracy calling Sonny out and his response is to condescend with a permanent smirk on his face with Luke snickering in the back. Seriously? Half the Quatermaine family has been butchered because of this egotistical maniac and his shrine to the mob and the show continues to treat him like a god with the golden penis. If this show even stands a chance they MUST get rid of Sonny with new focus and direction. Since that will never happen RIP in GH.

• Members

Yeah, I think that's it. If there were no shining lights then it would be easy to say TPTB just don't get it. But they have shows like the Thanksgiving Day epi then Tracy calling a spade a spade, and all that goes to prove is that TPTB DO get it and choose to go elsewhere. I'm just wondering what MB has on the lot of them because the character is a dud and yet he still getting the lion's share of attention. Guza is not a stupid person, but he is myopic.

Archived