Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I can't believe that Jack is still stringing Mari Jo along as of 12/20/94! And letting her still wear the engagement ring. After he has welcomed Keemo as his son, and had this grand party to introduce Luan to the Abbotts.

I used to have the impression that she was the "villain" for keeping Jack and Luan apart, but now I'm Team #MariJo. 

(though she does gets points deducted for keeping Rick's return from the dead a secret...)

PS how can Sharon be on recurring when Matt and Amy are on contract...?

• Members

I decided to check the vault and found an episode from 1980 I’d never seen. It has Bond Gideon as Jill and lots of great scenes with Jill/Liz and the Williams family. It was nice seeing a full episode with Bond so I can get a better feel for her Jill. I feel like Deborah Adair makes perfect sense following Bond in the role. They have a similar look, voice and feel but Adair has more of a leading lady spark. 

Also stunned at just how good the quality of this episode is. I wonder where this was sourced from. 

• Members

That ep (6/16/80) is partially thanks to Bond Gideon's husband! He is a member of a Vintage YR group on Facebook, and over the past years, he's been reaching out trying to find any eps featuring Bond. He said back in the 80s, Bond had VHS tapes she recorded of her appearances, but that an ex-boyfriend took the tapes

Please register in order to view this content

A few years back, Bond's husband helped to secure the 4/14/80 and 6/16/80 eps. Don't know exactly what the source was.

Edited by yrfan1983

• Members

I never forgot when Katherine mentioned to Phillip that Chance was raised by Ryan, which stunned me because the show acted as if he hadn't existed for years.

Don't get me started when I believe Nina was Phillip's cheerleader when Phillip saw a cute guy, I want to say, at Crimson Lights. And after only a few weeks of her being upset, he abandoned her with a young child; she was acting as his wing person.

Edited by Forever8