Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I want to start watching after failing to get into the show so many times. I think it is because I do not know when to start watching. Can someone help me with a year where a lot of storylines are starting and its easier to get into. Like a more of a reset period.  

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Personally I would say the vault clips of 1982 (there are not too many full episodes 1982-1985). Then in 1986 you can pick up the full episodes in German if you wish. 1982 is when the Brooks family and Lorie are phased out and the main storylines begin to center around Victor, Nikki, Katherine, and the Abbotts. I did this during the pandemic when they started being uploaded and I also read along with the Soap Opera Digest tumblr to fill the gaps. I would just stop reading when it started talking about things I hadn't seen yet.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

It is kind of annoying how we don’t really get as many “new” full uploads of classic Y&R these days

archive isn’t even giving that many and at one time it seemed like every other day there was something new that popped up! 

what a Christmas gift it would be to end the 50th anniversary celebration if Brad Bell bought out the rights to the Y&R archive and started streaming the episodes in order!  Or even better had all the seasons uploaded and you could choose which season or year to start from! 

• Members

I Remember Nina Describing the Scene Perfectly while Angrily Confronting him about it! so yeah they knew what they were doing and Still did it Anyway, And Why? Phillip was never on the Show for long after that, so they basically Ressurrected him for the sake of doing it

• Members

I think Maria Arena Bell has plans for Thom Bierdz to be a major character in a romance with the lawyer named Rafe, but those plans never came together... mainly due to Thom's lackluster acting. I remember he wrote an article in SOD a few months after his return, explaining and apologizing for his acting choices.

• Members

I remember his explanation/apology, too, @yrfan1983.  And you're right: MAB and her team had plans for Phillip that were scuttled by the poor quality of TB's acting.  But I say, if you go to the trouble of resurrecting a character who died on screen, then you need to do something with them.  Recast Phillip if you need to - heck, we all can think of actors who could play that role pretty well - but get him back in Genoa City and get his story up and pumping (tm MAB).

• Members

I often thought the same, Adding Phillip To The Mix Would've made The Chancellor Drama a Lot better! Still to this Day, Phillip would be an valuable Asset to the show, not to mention it would be interesting having an older gay character on canvas, Phillip Sexuality was never explored onscreen, I don't think American Doaps dared having Older Gay Characters on the shows for long, Craig is the only that comes to mind, and that's because it was recent and they kinda explored his sexuality

• Members

I was Traumatized As Well! When that came out, fans should've band together and get set on Ron's Firing! Ruining A long term relationship like Craig And Nancy's For that stupid story, him getting together with Leo then dumping him, really I kept hoping both that And Chanel And Allie were The Devil's Influence on The people of Salem! Allie And Chanel was another pointless pairing!