Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Janice Lynde & William Gray Espy make their second week long appearances on Tattletales (1975). They mention they won the last time they were on. Espy is completely different than what I expected. He seems to have a great sense of humor and laughs a lot. The dropping the book question in the first episode was hilarious.

• Members

Frankly, I thought pairing Victor and Christine was a mistake even then.  It just didn't seem right for Christine, who always has been independent and self-reliant, to hook up with an alpha male like Victor.

• Members

To me, Victor always has been someone who wanted a wife or girlfriend whom he could pet and pamper and spoil.  He had that to one degree or another with Lorie, Julia, DEFINITELY Nikki, Hope, Sabrina and even Ashley, who probably was the most independent mate he'd had up to that point.  If Victor and Christine had become a full-fledged couple, you know it would've imploded the minute Christine put her career as an attorney over Victor's demands.

• Members

When I saw them hinting at Victor/Christine, I threw up a little in my mouth.

The man was old enough to be her father-how would she find him attractive on any level? The women who went with Victor were pretty much  either weak or scheming. 

And both Victor and Christine could both be extremely annoying so them together would have been too much.

• Members

When I watched 1996 in real time and Bill Bell was alluding to Victor/Christine, I was like "Bill Bell what are you thinking? That's your daughter, and she's half EB age."

When I rewatched some of 1995 and 1996, I get why Bill Bell alluded to Victor/Christine. I think Bill Bell original plan was Victor/Nikki/Brad/Ashley quad but since Shari Shattuck did not pass the chemistry tests w/ either EB or Don Diamont, Bill Bell replaced Ashley w/ Christine in the quad. He even dusted off some of the original Victor/Ashley storyline to use w/ Victor/Christine.

Thankfully there was very little physical contact between Victor and Christine. If they had gone past a hug I probably would have lost my lunch.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

The mid 90's was also when they introduced Leigh J. McCloskey's Kurt Costner to pair with Shattuck's Ashley....that character turned out to be a nothing burger. They also had Grant Cramer come back as a new character Adam Hunter to pair with her and he disappeared after about 3 episodes. 

• Members

Christine was way too young for Victor, and their personalities would have never worked in a romantic coupling, not without writing one or both severely out of character. It was just icky.