• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Agree, that hair toss was epic.

@will81 Thank you for the clips guide. I can't believe Christmas 1981 is in there but no Victor/Nikki scenes. I really want to see the scenes of where we first learn of Victor's childhood. EB has always credited those scenes w/ his decision to stay on past Victor's initial storyline. Bill Bell creating the back story of Victor's childhood and his becoming a self-made man opened up so many more layers to Victor's character instead of him being just a one-dimensional villain.

• Members

They probably learned their lesson from Y&R then lol, unless I’m completely misunderstanding. 

Thank you for this! Just imagine if all of these were Kay and/or Jill edits….one can dream LOL. 

Edited by ltm1997

• Members

@BoldRestless and anyone else who might be interested. I have edited together the Nov 81 and Dec 81 clips in order and put them in the vault in two files under the 1981 clips section as Lorie Edits with the dates if you want to watch in order. They are long (about 2hrs) and 2GB files

I am not 100% on the Lorie and Lance having dinner clip being in the right place as SOD states around that week that they had a dinner with Vanessa at Lorie's apartment. But their intimate dinner alone was Nov 81 based on their conversation, so I had to guess.

@kalbir Yes I was hoping for more too and that scene with Victor sounds like a pivotal one and would be great to see. So far only the Oct 15 partial ep has other characters. I do wonder if these came from the same source as the original vault clips and if the youtube channel has a different set of edits starting in 1982. Or possibly more full episodes from 1982. 

Edited by will81

• Members

I know right!! Now I'm refreshing Paul Ditty's main page multiple times per day, like I used to do with archive.org 

I think he has a limited amount of "Innocent Years" vids yet to debut... previously in his playlist, he had like 10 vids that were private. In the comments for one of his vids, someone asked him, "what are the private vids"? he replied "oh I didn't know anyone else could see those!" And those aren't visible in the playlist anymore. So - I think he pre-loaded all his "Innocent Years" vids, and is making them public, one each day. So, probably not too many vids left. I'd love to be wrong, though!

Edited by yrfan1983

• Members

Yeah hopefully he has more full eps. The first full ep we got from the original uploads was somewhere around Mar 3, 1982 or there abouts. So hope we can bridge that. It would be awesome if he has a ton more and more of the intro of the Abbotts and more Jill. 

Also confirmation that Wes Kenney was with the show at least from Feb 01, 1982. I get the feeling the end credits began listing everyone when he started rather than just the people in the episode. I wonder when he officially took over

Edited by will81

• Members

I was wondering if Conboy was still around by this point, but I'm glad this episode confirms Kenney had already started...unless this is his very first produced episode, I'm guessing Conboy left very early January 82, or maybe even December 81. 

• Members

Thank you! I just watched the whole thing, I couldn’t wait! Even the commercials. Wow, there were lots of toothpaste ads back then. And Molly Ringwald at the very end.

The first 18 minutes of the full 1 hour 22 min clip are probably from Monday 1/4/82, the next ep after the New Year’s Eve Victor/Nikki “Dirty Stinker” kiss. At 6:00, there’s a glimpse of Paul waking up in Aspen with Barbara, hungover after getting drunk on champagne the night before.

Hearing the aftermath of the courtroom revelation that Lance is Brooks’ father really makes me want to see that!  (even considering Dennis Cole has no acting ability)

I love Cash Cashman and Katherine! As of 2/1/82, they’re exploring his backstory – and a month later he’s dead? Ugh I think they killed him off to make room for the Bancrofts and Katherine’s “romance with Earl, which IMO was DOA.

Does l’il Michael Damian wear a retainer at this point? He has that slight slur to his speech. So cute.

Loved Lorie’s recounting of the ’76 shooting by Vanessa. Didn’t Snapper treat Lance’s bullet wound? Wonder if he could have helped Lorie’s case somehow…