GH: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lisa may be on her best behavior, but Robin hasn't sounded crazy at all. I don't even think this is an angle the show is going for. The whole motif of this story is we the audience are privileged to have seen all of Lisa's antics so we know Robin isn't crazy even if shmucky Steve doesn't. Somehow the story has morphed into the Girl Who Cried Wolf, but we know how that has to end: The wolf eventually gets exposed and Robin is right and everyone in town has to admit they are idiots for not seeing the truth Robin was trying to tell them all along. Order is restored and Robin lives happily ever after until the next story.

• Members

The Brenda/Robin scene in Friday's show, I didn't feel much between the two. That scene felt very thrown in, like the writer's were like, "Let's throw in a Brenda/Robin scene just to show we remember, but then we have to get right back to Balkin business". One minute Brenda was there and then she wasn't. I wish Brenda could be a lot more involved in the Lisa/Robin/Patrick storyline. She should be beating Lisa's ass and doing whatever she can for her best friend Robin!

Loved the little Brenda/Nik/Spencer scene. It was sweet...I wonder if VMG & TC felt awkward doing that scene together??

Sonny dumped Claire again, acting like he really cares about her and did it because he doesn't want to ruin her career rolleyes.gif please, you dumped her because you have no use for her anymore. She got all the charges dropped and got you off the hook, now she's of no use to you. So pathetic how Sonny is acting like he really cares about Claire. He is happy because he's free & can go back to chasing after Brenda now.

• Members

True, but in the meantime wouldn't it be nice for Robin to be knocked off her high horse for awhile? Lisa is right - everyone just takes Robin at face value BECAUSE they have known her since a child. Right now Robin might not be sounding crazy, but she is sounding vengeful and that's only adding to Lisa's argument that Robin is out to get her. Steve isn't being wishy washy, he's cutting to the chase - Robin's got nothing.

• Members

Yes, the situations are very open, especially when based on Lisa's track record. Her cover stories have always checked out initially only to turn out to be fake. Plus, Lisa hasn't been on her best behavior. She did steal Emma. I really don't get how you can possibly that anything regarding Lisa is worth anything or that Robin is sounding paranoid.

Damn that Robin. Don't why she doesn't get off that high horse where she is afraid for her and her daughter safety. RME. People believe Robin because Lisa did abduct Emma, drugged Robin, and left her to die, not because they have known her since she was a child.

Steve is acting like a crazy person, worse yet he is an incompetent chief of staff. He is putting the hospital in legal jeopardy by having a surgeon with a recent history of mental instability working on his staff. At minimum, Lisa should have been suspended indefinitely when she was committed to Shadybrook.

Seriously though, these defenses of Lisa's craziness and attacks on Robin sound wacky and aren't based on anything on the screen.

In her first interviews, VM said that she wanted Brenda and Robin to have scenes together so much for that idea. Brenda and Robin might as well be strangers. Brenda should be involved in Robin's story.

• Members

Scott Reeves annoys me, so I might be biased, but I think Steve comes across very poorly in this storyline. One day he was agreeing with Patrick's request not to work around Lisa, then not long after he insists they have to work together. He tells Patrick that Robin should be happy because Patrick doesn't beat her.

This story could have been an interesting story if you were going to talk about someone who has a lot of friends and a good reputation going against a newcomer who feels she is being bullied or railroaded, but then that kind of went away when she had a huge breakdown and had to be committed.

There's also the elephant in the room of Sonny and Jason and why they don't go threaten Lisa. That would add something to the story, if she said that the mob was out to get her. Of course the show would probably use that to pair up Lisa/Sonny...

• Members

When did she steal Emma? There has been no confirmation that she touched Emma on Halloween. All we have is crazy paranoia on Halloween. IA that that one situation was left open ended bu the show has not shown or said that Lisa did that or didnt.

Anyways like Lisa said, had she not gone into that building and saved Emma and Robin, they both would be dead. For her sake, maybe she should have done just that bc then she wouldnt have Robin b-tching about her every other minute

Its stupid bc the way they are playing the story is that Steve is scared of how he is handling Lisa bc he's scared of her bringing up a lawsuit and suing the hospital which is silly in and of itselfbc of her recent breakdown. The fact is Robin has proof of absoltuely nothing. Everything Lisa says checks out and it looks like Robin and the hospital continue to harass Lisa. Everytime they make a false accusation against her, its a strike against them and she could bring that up. I think Steve is worried about that. Also lets not forget that he did sleep with her and is personally liable if she chose to name him as well as using his position of power to seek vengeance on her for leaving him to pursue Patrick, who slept and discarded her. Both men should have kept their junk in their pants bc its biting them in the butt now

• Members

It really has not occurred to you that is awfully convenient that Lisa was walking by the Scorpio house when the fire was going on? Really? Just like it turned out that Lisa was behind the harassment of Robin, it will turn out that she was behind the fire and taking Emma.

This story has become wacky and Steve comes off like a nut job. Lisa was found by the police waving a gun at Robin and Patrick. What chief of staff or hospital board would have Lisa back on staff after she did that and was committed to an asylum? None that wanted to stay in business. Only on a soap.

• Members

I know what GH actually showed us and that was Mac in the house, who left and said goodbye as Robin was in the living room with Emma as a candle (that Maxie admitted to lighting) was on the floor burning through the gifts. There was smoke coming from it and it was Robin's own carelessness which did not notice. We saw Lisa working at the hospital while this was happening and later drove by the house.

That never happened. You arent remenbering teh events as they actually happened Go watch the scenes again as she never pointed a gun at either of them. Lisa pointed the gun at HERSELF. She got psychiatric help for trying to kill herself, not Robin or Patrick. There has been no proof or witnesses to Lisa attacking or threatening either of them. The most they have is her threatening her own life but somehow thats been twisted as Lisa trying to shoot them both up

• Members

Where I do blame Robin is that she hasn't check in herself in to a private clinic away from Lisa, Steve, and Patrick. Once she is better, she should take Emma and move to London to be with Anna so the can be safe and Lisa and Patrick can be together. However, this being a soap an all that can't happen.

• Members

This debate is as stupid as this storyline. Lisa slept with Robin's husband. Lisa broke into Robin's house. Lisa defaced Robin's wedding picture. Lisa stole Robin's daughter. Lisa threw away Robin's HIV medication. Lisa threw herself in front of Robin's car. Lisa slipped Robin tranquilizers. Lisa held Robin in random cabin in the woods and berated her. Lisa had a gun wielding mental breakdown in front of Robin... Somehow Robin's the paranoid bitch for thinking Lisa torched the Scorpio house? :rolleyes:

• Members

I think everyone takes Robin's word at face value because not only do they know her 15-25 year depending on who you are talking to, but also because Robin is a paragon of honesty. Except for that one instance when she helped keep AJ's kid if it meant she could live with Jason, Robin is a moral compass who is always right and in the right. And if she is ever wrong she eventually becomes right for being wrong somehow. Robin is right, always was, always will be.

• Members

Well the COS thing is stupid anyway - Monica Quartermaine should have retained that position, even if it was just benevolence. Another position could easily have been created for the return of Steve Webber.

Robin has been far too snooty for my books since she returned. She does need to be taken down a few pegs and it's got nothing to do with protecting Emma.

As for Lisa, spoilers had her tried and convicted for ruining Robin's life long before anything was even seen on screen, and I see that's happening again. What she did do is spiral out of control and she admits all of that. In this one there is only Lisa trying to regain her life and being a really great doctor. Everything else is hazy at best and grossly inaccurate spoilers at worst. Even if she is psycho, she's the most entertaining one of this particular quad.

• Members

I think there are ways to take Robin down a peg without it reviving old stereotypes about how certain women should be grateful to have a man, cheating is OK because at least you have a man who isn't abusive. Soaps just don't know how to do the good/bad rivalries anymore, like what Search for Tomorrow had with Jo and Stephanie years ago. I think they tried this a long time ago with Robin and Carly, but it never quite worked, because Carly is such an aggressive character she tended to overwhelm Robin.

Port Charles, at least in its first few years, did an OK job of showing rivalries within the hospital. I wish that type of story could involve Robin.

I'm not even really sure why Steve is there, other than Reeves being friends with Steve Burton. It's always nice to see a Webber, but the Webbers really aren't a family now, so there's a void.

Archived