GH: November Discussion Thread

• Members

I thought there was real potential with Lucas. There was one scene where he was yelling at everyone with big Hunky Lucky there and Lucas was going on about what he had to deal with being name after the famous Luke Spencer or something. And Lucas was so wimpy and Lucky was so Greg Vaughny, and I thought that there really was some interesting things they could do with all the Spencers on this one, even Bobbie who could not come to terms with it all.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am not sure if it is Maxie is around because of Spinelli, or Spinelli is around because of Maxie. Once they ended their non-wedding, it was Maxie who continued to be front burner and all over the canvas from Crimson, to Franco, to Robin and many stops along the way. Spinelli was barely seen for the longest time.

I do have to give Guza some credit though with the longterm character stuff: Currently the front burning cast of GH includes the son and daughter of Luke and Laura, the son of Alan and Monica, the daughter of Frisco and Felicia, the daughter of Bobbie, the son of Jeff and Heather Webber, a newfound son for Holly, a quasi-grandchild of Steve and Audrey, and the daughter of Robert and Anna.

That's a lot better than OLTL and AMC when it comes to at least keeping a "begat" sequence with their history and cast. On OLTL it seems the earth was created and on Day One God created Todd.

• Members

I agree with you to a point - the children of the Adventure and Legacy Couples are certainly front and centre. HOWEVER they're still taking a backseat to a lowlife Mobster who's children are primed to take over the show. If Guza was to get rid of his Sonny (and by extension Brenda) obsession, everyone else is right there and ready to hit the ground running.

That's the thing that upsets me and impresses me at the same time. Guza obviously knows who's important character wise and keeps their toes in the action, but his main focus is on how Sonny (and to a lesser extent, Jason) can be the centre of almost every single story. There's got to be more of a team effort and this just isn't it. We move towards balance and I start to breathe a sigh of relief that Guza is back on track, and then he returns into his Sonny obsession again. Frustrations abound.

• Members

These family ties are used to spit in the face of history, not enhance it. Guza has told us more than once that Luke hated being a parent, and while that has changed slightly since JJ's return, they still aren't all that close. Jason hates the Quartermaine name and he had nothing to do with his family, aside from looking down on them, for the last 15 years. Jeff is a deadbeat dad, Heather is a nut, and Audrey is gone. Frisco and Felicia were written as terrible parents, and the last time Felicia was on the show it was only so Maxie could berate her and disown her. Robert and Anna were rewritten to be deadbeat parents, and Anna's last return served only to tell Robin she should be happy to have a man. Holly's son involves a history rewrite that says Luke was cheating on Laura while she was pregnant.

• Members

^^ Yep. And Bobbie will return for a front burner storyline. The Quartermaines will all be resurrected from the dead. Felicia will return and be a good mother. Oh, and Sonny and Jason will shoot each other simultaneously and die.

All those things are about as likely as Alexis getting a real relationsip.

• Members

laugh.gif You always make me laugh Q. I think Bradford took time off when he got married and was probably glad for a reduced work load. I think it was a good decision for the show. I enjoy Spinelli, but it was too much for awhile there. Now that Lucky actually gets to be in stories and Brenda is around, I'm enjoying the variety. It's not perfect, but at least some other people are getting air time.

Archived