GH: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's pathetic really, one of them has rarely had a story (Jason) and one of them has the same story over and over again (Sonny) and they seem to lack any sense of awareness that they have become a joke. The critical mentions GH gets is for anything else that's happening, not these two. I just wish TPTB would shift gears and let the Scorio/Quartermaine/Spencer cast carry the show. They actually have potential.

• Members

I cant beleive Brenda just blamed herself for Sonny's abuse and the violence his world brings. "It was my fault bc I chose to be there" What type of bulls--t is that? What a great message to send out there GH

This Robin crap needs to end again. Everyday is her accusing Lisa of trying to kill her and of course she gets proven wrong. Enough already

• Members

Well the other day Kristina blamed herself for Sonny putting a bomb in the car that almost killed her. This show is consistent with these women - Sonny can do no wrong and everyone else is at fault for his actions. I FF that part of the canvas because I can't stand it - but even on FF I know the dialogue because it's been the same for the past decade at least.

• Members

The show has such pointless ambiguity that I think what should have been a story about whether Lisa was out to get Robin or whether it was in Robin's head just alienates a lot of different fans -- those who are sick of Robin or sick of the story and see her as being overdramatic (which I don't think she is, but this does seem to be some fan reaction), or the fans who hate Lisa and see this as an attempt to "make her happen." Why they chose to have Lisa have a mental breakdown and then have everyone on the show ignore it, except Robin, is baffling.

Probably the part I dislike most is when various people try to tell viewers that Robin is selfish to not take Patrick back, that she should be grateful to have a man, that if a man does not beat you, then be grateful, et al.

Can anyone tell me if the show has any type of script editor or anyone who keeps track of the show's pacing? Is it me or has it gotten really awful in the last few years? They seem to just go everywhere. I still have no idea what the point of most of Sonny/Claire was.

• Members

^^ This was yet another example of Guza's knee-jerk reaction. Lisa should have been gone by now - they wrote the story, she played her role, thanks for showing up. instead he fumbled in the middle and decided to keep her around, thus negating everything done prior to that decision and it screws up the story. Sometimes I wonder how bad that guy's ADD is.

• Members

THAT's the HUGE problem with this story. This story would be less difficult to take if they hadn't given Lisa, oh, I dunno... A FLIPPIN' MENTAL BREAKDOWN THAT EVERYONE KNEW ABOUT... and then continue on as if it never happened. Who the hell writes like that? (Rhetorical question, thank you).

I can admire Robin's stance about zero tolerance when it comes to letting a man hurt her via such a gross betrayal. What I can't take, however, is anyone weighing in on her decision -- whether it's for or against her taking Patrick back. Shut the hell up, and stay out of their marriage.

Elizabeth Korte, Guza's right hand and (allegedly) pro-Mob, pro-Jason, pro-Sam, anti-Elizabeth. ALLEGEDLY. Allegedly.

ETA: Not only does she edit the scripts, she hands out script writing assignments. Word is that when the original Girls Night Out trend started, Michele Val Jean would've loved the chance to write it but Korte assigned it to Karen Harris. I say that to express my personal opinion that she knows what's going on. You can't not only edit but pick and choose who writes what, without knowing what's in the script. She probably just has her eyes on what she considers most important. JASON & MOB.

ALLEGEDLY!! :)

• Members

Clearly, the ambiguity in Lisa's attacks on Robin are a way to drag the story out. I read that BBr's contract has been extended until 2011 so this is going to be neverending. I just wish that Guza would have Lisa target Patrick and not Robin. He is the one who cheated and yet Lisa isn't trying to sabotage him.

It was the same way when Robin was pregnant and wary about marrying Patrick. She was constantly lectured about why she should trust Patrick, you know, the same Patrick who cheated on her like she feared.

• Members

Thanks. I thought there might have been a change, as even though I've never been that into the stories of this group, I thought they had a little more cohesion until a few years ago. It's gotten back to sort of what like Riche and Guza did, only with even more mob love.

• Members

Sadly..I really like Lisa, and Brianna Brown is one of those rare villains on Soaps these days where she doesn't play up the fact that she's more than likely guilty...If I didn't know the history between the characters and was a brand new viewer I would honestly think Robin was nuts because BB makes Lisa so believable.

• Members

No the situations arent really left open. Lisa's story checked out both times this week. The fire was started by Maxie and Lisa had an alibi. Lisa didnt try to kill Robin today as the syringe contained the exact prescribed medication for her patient which was next door to Robin as Lisa said. Robin is extremely paranoid. For good reason bc Lisa was out of hand not too long ago, but for what its worth, she's been on her best behavior since comoing back and Robin is talking and acting crazy.

Archived