GH: November Discussion Thread

• Members

Well, for starters Brenda isn't played by Steve Burton. This to me is as simple as if you eat vanilla every day for 10 years, eventually you will prefer chocolate simply because it is not vanilla. She doesn't blink, she doesn't stare, she doesn't have a Backstreet Boy haircut circa 1999 while being 40, she owns more than a T shirt...those four reasons alone make her worthy of GH's attention. I imagine in a year I will be as tired of Brenda as I am of Sonny and Jason, but that year hasn't expired yet and just by virtue of not being them makes me want her dominating the show just to make sure they do not.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess to me Marcil and Burton are both there for the money and phone in everything, and they both have a lack of chemistry with everyone around them, they both repeat the same story over and over, they both play one-note characters, and they are both deified, so I blend them together.

I do see what you're saying though.

• Members

They first interacted when Sarah Brown was in the role. She wasnt jealous of Brenda as she had nothing to be jealous of. Brenda didnt like he bc of the way she used Michael to worm her way in between Robin and Jason's relationship and gave her attitude bc of it, which Carly gave back. Next time they interacted was when Tamara Braun was in the role. They didnt like each other but at that time Carly was married to Sonny and Brnda was fixated on Jax. She was jealous of Sonny's need to protect Brenda and hated when Jason married her but she wasnt crazy about any of it. Now? She's just riduclous and childish. She was never this immature and stupid.I think a part of it is LW who plays Carly like some 40 yr old teenage mean girl. Her Carly is a bully and all about asserting her status as the Queen B of her world and gets threatened by anyone who comrpomises that. Her antics are something you'd expect a bratty 15 yr old to pull, not some 40 yr old mother of 3 with an 18yr old son. She is too old for this nonsense. brenda doesnt have to do much to make her look like a fool bc all she has to do is open up her mouth. Its pathetic and sad

• Members

Lucky was with the boys? GV was the involved-father Lucky. JJ is the adventure, occasional visit Lucky. Guess they are beefing up his appearances with the screamers (who've spent more of 2010 with Nicholas then anyone else aside from Liz). Wonder if they will have Lucky with his boys at Christmas, 'cause this is already twice this year.

• Members

Agreed.

Maybe on Thanksgiving, when the remaining two Quartermaines get their pizza delivered, they open the box and BOOM!! It's a bomb! That way, Guza not only gets his sweeps explosion AND is able to kill off the rest of the Quartermaines all in one fell swoop, it'll also put Jason front and center -- not because he gives a damn about his dead mother and grandfather, but because it was The Balkin sending a message to Jason.

• Members

They made sure Lucky has much less to do with Liz's sons because he is too cool for that, yet that means his story amounts to mob propping and an insta-romance with a recurring character...

I don't really find Jackson believable with Cameron and Jake anyway. I know he actually has kids but it's just that most of the scenes where Lucky actually gave a damn about Cam and Jake were with Vaughan.

Archived