GH: November Discussion Thread

• Members

IMO one of the things that made Lucky do sexy (not that he needed any help to begin with) was the way he was a father. He was so present for those boys and you really felt his desire for a family. JJ's Lucky doesn't have any of that. Everything with JJ and the boys feels forced.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's this undertone that Liz is old news and now he's showing what a big man he is because he doesn't have to deal with her kids either. Then when he finds out Aidan is his, the focus will be on how wonderful it is that he has a biological child and that's what matters in life. Guza and his twisted views win out again.

• Members

I think what Carly is doing right now is in character (for all 4 versions of the character), so it's not bothering me. I'm actually enjoying how giddy she is over screwing Brenda over, although it's bound to come back on her.

The problem with the character from my view point is that she's too aggressive on a daily basis. We've been treated to "shrew" like Carly on nearly a daily basis for over 5 years now. So now that it could actually be fun to see her losing her mind over Brenda, it's just more of the same overload. Still, I'll take giddy Carly enjoying the prospect of taking down Brenda over Carly sneering and yelling for no good reason at all.

• Members

I loved Tracy yesterday. Ethan carried Maya over the threshold and Luke said he should be doing that, so Tracy said "If we were married you'd hire someone with my money to carry me for you!" :lol:

You gotta love Tracy. Nice to see Edward but John Ingle is starting to really age. I hope he sticks around the show forever, but these last few years it all has caught up with him.

• Members

I love Tracy too, but I'm ready for a different verse to this song. I would love to see Luke carry her over the threshold - she deserves the romance.

Edward/John Ingles has been looking more tired and not quite on the mark, and I just caulked it up to be lack of practice. I hope he's around for many more years too, but if not I hope they have a bang-up story for him to end this character. While there's a certain nobility to an actor "dying in the saddle", the character is really short changed. We never got to see the end of Lila's story because of Anna Lee's death, but maybe we will see the end of Edward's.

• Members

If there was one character that doesn't deserve the romance, I would say it was Tracy. I love Tracy, but through good writers and bad she always is a pretty unlikable person. This one has her as just overbearingly cranky, but it isn't that far off the mark. Tracy doesn't deserve love because she had a man who loved her, Larry, and I think she dumped him because he did not fit into her plans. Even Scotty sort of liked her, and she flew the coop with money and left him high and dry I believe because she didn't want to share..or something like that.

Luke is lucky he can drag himself over the threshold, let alone be carrying anyone else.

• Members

JE is probably 100 lbs soaking wet, and TG picked up JMB just the other year so carrying Tracy over the threshold isn't out of the question completely.

As for Tracy, she's perhaps the most criminally under-loved character in all of GH's history and she does deserve every bit of genuine romance she receives. Larry was a serial cheater and Tracy lived with that for a very long time. When he returned he was discovered to be flirty with her just to steal ELQ. Scott dumped Tracy and was embarrassed to admit a relationship with her, choosing Lucy instead. MARCO was the one she left "high and dry" and she didn't have a romance with him, just friendship - she was running from Paul in order to keep Dillon.

It's okay not to like Tracy - I didn't until LuNacy. But at least use accurate examples when dismissing her.

• Members

I could swear I wrote "I love Tracy" in that above post somewhere...

How you got I did not like Tracy from my post, I am sure I have no idea. If my memories are faulty, that comes from 20 years of not seeing those storylines. But anyway, I had no idea that to like a character now meant wanting to see them happy and in love. I thought it meant wanting to see them entertaining me and hopefully entertaining me in interesting stories, happy or miserable being totally irrelevant. Live and learn I guess.

• Members

God, are you serious?! Luke brings out the absolute WORST in Tracy. She's just weak and desperate when she's around him. And this whole "I'm mad at you because I really want you and am playing hard to get" sh*t is so damn lame.

The only days I LOOOVE Tracy is when she's away from Luke and ripping into someone. I want Tracy to go up to Carly and verbally assault her once a week.

• Members

Nope, I'm serious. I didn't like Tracy until Luke. These past two years they have been quite disparaged, but the first three were phenomenal. In fact LuNacy brought me back to GH like Magic brought me back to Days. I love the dynamic and I don't consider these juvenile antics real LuNacy. The real stuff is when they bare their souls and really bring the power of the talent found in both Jane Elliot and Tony Geary.

For information, I didn't like Luke until he was paired with Tracy either.

• Members

Still loving Ethan & Maya. I love that they are staying married, and I'm liking Edwards involvement in it all. I also hope that Tracy and Luke really don't get married on Laura's birthday.

Liked the Brenda/Robin scenes up until the point where they were talking about this one memory...I forget what it was, but VMG was acting like she was on drugs or something! She seemed spaced out to me. LOL.

LOVE Michael & Candy still! They are so great. I think it's pathetic that the judge is letting Sonny see Michael again. Sonny always claims he stays away from his children to protect them, yet he's so happy that the judge is letting him see Michael.

Won't be surprised if the next time the dictionary is updated, the pic next to the word "boring" has a picture of a hospital with LW, MB, or Sbu standing in it looking through a window, & "ABC Daytime" on the bottom corner of it. This show is so drab right now!!

• Members

Michael and Abby were on? I was debating on whether to watch but it looks like I will have to FF for their parts

Edited to add: Just saw the scenes. Im really impressed with Chad as Michael. Good acting by him today

Um why does Edward want Maya and Ethan to stay married for a year?

P.S., does anyone even expect Maya to still be aronud in a year?

Archived