GH: November Discussion Thread

• Members

Oh well. I'm really sad that Monica and bobbie weren't on today's episode. I thought that could have been fun. Luke and Bobbie have such a great relationship. I could have seen Bobbie and Tracy quipping at each other. Jonathon Jackson and JZ always had great chemistry...And they haven't shared one scene since he came back...a year ago. Plus the Monica/Bobbie friendship is great. Oh well, I've really given up hope. Not even a mention? at least last year we got "she's in seattle"....

As for Monica...This woman has been in PC for thanksgiving every f*cking year for over 30 years...All the sudden homegirl wants to get her face mssaged? Fishy.

Oh well.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well i Finally watched the entire episode through.

It was honestly the best episode in like...I don't even know how long. I loved the family element of it. Sigh. The Q's are so entertaining...This should show Guza why he needs to use them.

Albeit, I would have preferred Monica be in the house. And maybe even Bobbie. It seemed odd. The entire Spencer family was invited over, but Bobbie (Monica's best friend) wasn't mentioned? Idk .Odd.

Anyway, love the episode.

• Members

^^ I've been thinking about that and really the Q dinner was about Tracy's family, and whenever Monica is around there is constant snipping at Tracy. I think having her there would have taken away from the family aspect we had.

The other thing that really struck me is that this was the second Thanksgiving episode in two years that did not feature a single Mobbie. TPTB know where the heart of their show lies. Thanksgiving with the Q's is like Christmas with the Hortons - traditions that transcend the show itself. This is GH's truest holiday episode (even more than Xmas Eve and NYE) and we get the families that matter most to the fans in general. Mac, Alexis, Tracy and Luke head the families at the core of this show. The Mobbies are overexposed but they will never be the centre.

• Members

I think it was a mistake to not have Monica. The Qs and fighting is a tradition. She'd have like 1 or 2 lines against Tracy but the entire episode could have played out the same way. It felt odd having a Quartermaine Thanksgiving and only 1 veteran Q bc Tracy really was representing the Spencer family, which the entire event was about.

Overall though great episode. Loved the Davis family dinner as well.

Cant stand Spinelli and when he showed up, he brought the episode down for me. I wish they'd get rid of him

Yesterday was the first time I was bothered by Lulu's face. I know many have made comments before but it was very jarring. I was cringing looking at her

• Members

but are they getting back to them? What we saw was no different than their entire story the last year. Maxie doesnt know what she wants and keeps bouncing back and forth between Spinelli, Matt and Lucky. She's a teased and I dont see any commitment to writing for Spinelli and Maxie as a couple. Im over it. It holds her back as a character and he has LONG since outlived any usefulness he ever had.

• Members

Diane is arguably the most entertaining character on the show. Very sassy. She usually tolerates Spinelli, but every once in a while you can tell she just wants him to shut his damn mouth. Yesterday was one of those moments.

As for Monica, I agree with Cheap. It was a mistake not to have her. The woman has been a part of this Q Thanksgiving episode for years and years. Sure there would have beein Tracy/Monica sniping...But isn't that the entire tradition in itsself? And it wouldn't have to take over the whole episode. Just a few snippets, but Monica probably would have ben genuinely happy for Tracy and Luke.

Plus, I always love Michael/Monica scenes and was disappointed in that.

• Members

Lulu looks like that singer, Duffy. Except with collagen and botox. Her 60s beehive hair is starting to bug me, but she wasn't so bad in this episode. In fact, I'd say it was the best episode of GH I have seen in a long, long time -- years, even. The Qs were great and I love the Davis family -- and the fact that Diane is, in essence, part of the Davises. It feels like I haven't seen John Ingle and NLG in years.

It also helped that the following words/people were not mentioned: Brender, Brender, Brender, Carly, Sunnee, the Balkan.

• Members

yeah, thank god Jason didnt join Sam for Thanksgiving dinner or else we would have gotten just that. I love her when she gets to interact with her family away from him. Her best scenes are with her mother and sisters.

I forgot to mention but I noticed Alexis said Molly was with Ric. Where is he? Ive always wondered this and have asked but never got a straight answer. I thought he was a deadbeat, having nothing to do with her as he hasnt been mentioned since I started watching almost a year ago. Where is he living and why has he had no contact with Molly till now?

• Members

Thanks. I missed that. Im glad he was mnetioned and wish that they would more often to explain when Molly isnt onscreen. Its too bad Rick Hearst is being wasted over on B&B bc Id love to see him back here. I think Ric could be good with Kate or Claire

Funny ymention that bc Ive always thought she looked alot like Rebecca Herbst. They have very similar facial featueres. The heavy thick eyebrows, nose, angular chins, etc... If Duffy dyed her hair dark, they'd look like sisters

duffy2.png

duffy.png

• Members

I didn't get that sense from Diane at all, I got the sense that Mama was watching her baby being awkward while wearing his heart on his sleeve. I always love the looks Diane gives him.

From my perspective Monica and Alan had the past 3 decades of Q focus to themselves and Tracy always got the short end of the stick even with her own sons. I'm enjoying that the tide has shifted and Tracy is now the one with the huge family. I don't care if they are also Spencers - considering the number of non-biological children Alan & Monica considered theirs, I'm loving the fact that the Q's have adopted the Spencers just like the Spencers have adopted the Q's.

Archived