GH: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, ITA on both points. I loved teh Lucky and Sam scenes and wish she would kick Spinellit out and she and Lucky be partners. Surprised to see that she actually has an office and is working.

VM does look good today. Her face isnt as tight as it was before.

Please dont tell me Lisa is getting her next scheme from some disgruntled teenager

• Members

There is much talk about Jerry Jacks today. It is more interesting to hear his name than to hear Brenda's name all the time.

The latest ratings show GH in last place. The Brenda and Lisa show isn't working. Lisa needs to get off the show.

I loved the Alexis and Sam scene. We need more Davis girls and less Brenda. I want Kristina on again.

• Members

I broke down and watched for the first time in perhaps a year.

I can't believe what they have done to Brenda. The magic with Sonny and Jax is gone and what a contrived bunch of nonsense this all was today. The spart VM had is gone. The sparks I used to see with she and MB and IR gone. I should have just stayed away.

The rest I didn't pay much attention to. I watched primarily for Brenda/VM

I was wondering who she was. Is she the villianess in the Patrick/Robin story. She's kind of pretty but her skin is tragic. I feel sorry for the actress.

I was wondering who she was. Is she the villianess in the Patrick/Robin story. She's kind of pretty but her skin is tragic. I feel sorry for the actress.

• Members

Was she supposed to die off or something as part of the original storyline? She's ok but I don't see anything spectacular or particularly charismatic about the actress. But then GH has made this mistake before, trying to transition someone who was brought on to support a specific storyline into the show with a poor transition plan.

• Members

I wonder what the Thanksgiving ratings will be - or will that day be stuck because of that which went before and that which follows. At any rate the Thanksgiving episode makes it even more annoying by proving that TPTB can write a well thought out, family/legacy episode AND leave the mobbies out of it. It can be done. It would almost be better if they didn't give us a great day then we could argue that they don't know the difference.

I really like Lisa - a whole lot more than Robin. But I do agree this story should have ended the way it was planned. This is Guza's biggest problem. He doesn't finish anything, he just takes off mid-story.

• Members

The finish is the problem. The major problems I think started in 2007 with that metro court storyline and not following it to its logical conclusion by killing off the villian and then trying to turn him into a permanent player on canvas. Actually it started with Spinelli who should have been short term also. Isn't it better to conclude a story as planned, give the audience the payoff and move on versus trying to retrofit a character in that was brought on for a specific purpose especially if they are a villian. It's what has paralyzed this show for a long time. And this has nothing to do with Robin. I haven't been a Robin fan since KMc's return in 2005. Another character I wish would have been left to fond memories I had of her.

I watched enough today to know I'm not interested in tuning in any further. I just wanted to see Vanessa and was disappointed enough to wish I hadn't.

• Members

I know people say that the 18-49 is what counts. I do wonder sometimes what the ratings would be if GH had not destroyed itself so much over the last decade. I think a lot of viewers who may have loved JJ and VMG in the day probably were too repulsed by what GH has become to want to watch again. The lousy material for both actors upon their returns did not help.

Archived