GH: November Discussion Thread

• Members

For like 2 years straight, a good portion of his stories revolved around him being injured and didnt have enough insurance to pay for his bills. It was all contrived to get him and Elizabeth in stupid situations. I beleive he was shot by Helena, he injured his back on the hospital roof, he got hurt when his train crashed, there was his drug abuse, etc... Im not sure which time you saw or if it was another bc I forgot just how many times he was in an hospital

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They have to have him doing something job wise, and Luke always was on the side of the Good no matter how bad he was getting there.

JJ's Lucky was different right from the get-go and I used to be so amused by others who posted that the writing was the same, it's just the delivery that was different. This is Luke's Son while GV's was Laura's doormat. I even see it in the reaction to LuNacy. GV's Lucky spit on LuNacy every chance he got and accused his father of not being capable of love but JJ's Lucky is so pro-LuNacy is warms my heart and he's even going to be best man at their wedding.

In addition to LuNacy, JJ's Lucky apparently plays/swindles poker with Grandpa Edward regularly, doesn't spend as much time with the kids, has a reputation of riding the edge of the law, doesn't struggle with money and has conquered his addiction issue.

Not the same boy at all.

• Members

I think both Luckys are valid Luckys though. If tomorrow they switched back to GV it would take me about one second to adjust, just the way it took me one second to adjust to Jonathan Jackson returning. I don't recall Greg Vaughn Lucky ever spitting on Luke/Tracy; he was too pure and good to spit on anything. He had an issue with Ethan being his brother, I remember that, but I don't recall his ever being exceptionally rude to Tracy or disparaging of Luke's marriage. Holly he had a problem with.

I for one am glad they dropped Lucky being father to Jason Jr and Zander Jr. Again, this was fine for Rock of Gibraltar Lucky as played by GV, who was so good he needed to fly to DOOL and become a Horton, but JJ just doesn't give that sense of serenity required to be Mike Brady. Plus, he looks ridiculous around those children.

• Members

They havent dropped him being a father and it would be ridiculous for that to happen. While he never adopted Cameron, he was the only male figure in his life since he was a baby and he is Jake's legal father. He loves both those boys in every way that counts. Lucky as a father is one of the best qualities of the character and is a much needed contrast to the potrayal of Luke in the last several years, who's shyed away from his role as a father and been portrayed to be a horrible one.

• Members

Bolded: Tracy had to wipe Lucky's behind all around the Haunted Star on one occasion when he tore Luke to shreds over his failings that included picking Tracy. There were many not-nice things that came out of is mouth after Laura awoke.

As for the father thing, that's all GV's Lucky was really allowed to do (that and moon over someone he wasn't involved with). JJ has been seen with the boys a handful of times, but they've really moved him into the action world rather than the domestic side. I think if given the opportunity, both actors could play both…. but I will always be partial to the beauty that is Greg Vaughn.

• Members

Last Thursday's GH was so great. It was like it escaped the incredible vortex of suck and came back to life again! Loved watching everyone celebrate Thanksgiving. They didn't integrate a single one of those annoying music clips that they always use (in EVERY episode) either. The one thing I didn't like was the whole Maxie/Spinelli/Matt angle of it. I hated how it got awkward when Matt arrived. Him and Sam seem like such useless characters. Can they hook up?

Highlights for me were Ethan/Maya & Luke/Tracy. Love both of these pairings! Especially Ethan & Maya..

Archived