DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

We've discussed Mike's problematic SORAS-ing a few times in this thread, but either way, he's infamous for being SORASed in the early 70s to a late-teens/early twenty-something and then remaining vaguely "twenty/thirty-ish" through out the 70s to the 90s when he was finally paired with Carrie and rode off into the sunset. Roark Critchlow did reprise the role in June 2010 so they haven't forgotten about him as such, but I think due to his messy history they kind of end up ignoring him.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I remember Jeremy but I don’t think I paid attention to who his parents were at the time. That’s so odd to me! Major character for 20+ years and he has an established son who I imagine is in his 30s-40s and they just don’t seem to exist. I feel like the show lacks Horton’s and that would be an easy fix. I wonder if Ron knows they exist. 

• Members

I would be surprised if Ron cared about Mike.  He killed off Laura like she's a day player type of character.  We've seen more of Gwen and Xander in the Horton house than any of the Horton family lately.

This week is the 50th anniversary of Days going to #1 in the Nielsen ratings for the first time.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

A LOOK BACK AT SOME ANNIVERSARY SCRIPTS..."DAYS" 1ST ANNIVERSARY...EPISODE # 257...NOVEMBER 8, 1966

Please register in order to view this content

A LOOK BACK AT SOME ANNIVERSARY SCRIPTS..."DAYS" 6TH ANNIVERSARY...EPISODE # 1513...NOVEMBER 8, 1971

A LOOK BACK AT SOME ANNIVERSARY SCRIPTS..."DAYS" 11TH ANNIVERSARY...EPISODE # 2766...NOVEMBER 8, 1976

A LOOK BACK AT SOME ANNIVERSARY SCRIPTS..."DAYS" 16TH ANNIVERSARY...EPISODE # 4058...NOVEMBER 9, 1981

• Members

PP left in December of 1992, so we are reaching the end of her run, but it isn't her last scenes. PP/WN don't really interact much to be honest.  I THINK they had a few scenes before Wayne left in 1984 (someone correct me if I am wrong), but my first real solid memory of Kim is her freaking out at Roman's funeral over Eric Brady SR.  Then when Wayne returned she was peripherally part of the Tale of 2 Romans and then Roman/John help rescue her and Kayla from Cal.  Roman was a fairly large part of the alter story, but PP left halfway through it.  Kim was one of the few people who knew about John/Marlena's affair but it was mostly Arianna Chase as Kim.  RoJohn had most of the brotherly scenes with Kayla/Kim.  WN's Roman was way more tied to Bo and they always had drama.  I do think PP reappeared for Tom's funeral so I assume her and WN had scenes, but I can't really recall them.  I am sure it had to do with the Marlena/John situation.

• Members

I actually liked Mike and Carrie together; corny cheesy crap like them having a magical flying bed(don’t ask!) or them literally riding on horseback into the sunset together as their last scenes in 1999 aside they made a cute couple and had the psycho Ali and her “Carrie Reed Barbie Doll”  to contend with lol.

Only downside was Mike was possibly old enough to be Carrie’s dad, considering the time he brought up his dead wife Margo to Carrie. Yikes. 

I think Critchlow and especially Michael T. Weiss were good actors and looked great, the problem was they de-aged Mike yet still referenced the 70’s stuff. 

Not sure why Mike was never brought back other than a couple returns (Alice’s funeral right?) it was shameful that Sheffer trashed the Mike character during Jeremy’s run in 2007 but typical Hogan MO.

Always thought it was odd Chase’s Kim knew about the affair especially right before she left, and was totally understanding of it lol. 

Oh yes PP and WN did have a couple scenes together at the reception following Tom’s funeral back at the Horton house where Kimberly encouraged Roman to seek reconciliation with Marlena but he was unnerved. 

• Members

I liked Carrie and Mike too.  RC and CC worked well together.  It was odd they referenced his past because it does bring light to the supposed age difference but RC was the same age as MW's Mike.  I think he just looked younger and fit with that aged crowd.  Still, it's kind of creepy he knew Carrie as a child.

Chase's Kim was surprisingly okay with the John/Marlena affair and Marlena admitted to her fairly quickly which was weird.  WN's Roman and Kim really didn't have that strong of a bond onscreen and I always considered her to have the strongest bond with RoJohn out of all the Brady siblings, so I guess it made sense.

What's weird to think about to is MBE's Kayla never shared scenes with WN's Roman pre-1991.  They didn't recast Kayla until after John was believed to be Roman.

I always felt bad for Marlena and Roman during that time period post-affair.  Roman was always about to forgive her and he would stumble onto some worse new revelation every time they got close.   I am not a Roman/Marlena shipper or anything, but it made me sad for them during that time.  WN/DH played their hurt really well and it was sad to see the marriage crumble.  WN is actually played Roman so grounded and is very underrated, although I see why he was let go.  I could never imagine his Roman in those wacky Reilly mid 90's stories.  

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Somehow got caught in some February and March 2006 episodes and don't recall anyone loving this era with Carrie/Austin/Sami/Lucas quad, Belle/Phillip/Mimi/Shawn quad and Alex/Marlena/John. This was in the days I first started watching so a little nostalgic for me but it's nice to see some atmosphere and mood, I feel like I am watching an actual TV series instead of a Saturday morning cartoon. 

Also has a little Hope/Patrick in the midst of Hope and Bo being apart from Chelsea killing Zach. Kristian Alfonso looks fabulous with the wavy hair. And they had $$$ for an entire island set with a cliff that Hope naturally falls off of. 

One downer: DH as John. The eyebrow is too much as is the whispering. I remember why I once didn't care for him. Oddly enough, John and Marlena are my faves now. 

Perhaps because it has been so long since I watched this time period but everyone looks their absolute best-the hair and wardrobe department as well as aging wise. 

I meant to add, it seems they never have any clue what to do with say Carrie, Belle and Chloe for example. 

Are there missed opportunities? I almost feel like Carrie would be the Christine/Cricket from Y&R of DAYS

Another character I wish had returned is Chelsea, I really enjoyed her. Around the time of Bo's death would have been great.