DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I liked the Killing Pool in the beginning but the end was such a cop out.  I wish they would have played John's guilt over Kristen's "suicide" more.  I am not sure Drake would have been able to play that well, but it would have been a more believable obstacle in John/Marlena than whatever Roman/Marlena/John were doing for months on end after lol. 

I think SSM tends to be slightly underrated for her Days work alone.  It was certainly a let down from peak JER, but I am not sure she had a lot to work with.  The Franco/Sami, early John/Gina, the Ali/Mike/Craig/Nancy/Carrie and Marlena/John wedding stuff was pretty good.  At the time I thought a lot of it was awful but it certainly wasn't as bad in retrospect.

• Members

Oh yes, I think the SSM era was wacky fun for a lot it—-I enjoyed the Jonesey story, Swamp Girl, Ali with Carrie Reed Barbie doll, Kate paying Nicole $5 million to marry Lucas etc. Of course some things they took wayyyy too far…Vivian’s tooth microchip( that received radio signals?!), Mike & Carrie’s flying bed, Sami on death row, and of course the worst offense being  Sub-Sex Ugh. 

Still it beats the Langan era by miles for sure and era where I think I only enjoyed the Last Blast crew and evil Lexie. The rest was generally messy and wacky, but not in a fun way at all. 

• Members

How did the Doug and Julie wedding fare in the ratings? Thought it would take the show to No 1 but that didn't seem to happen.

Macdonald Carey had a pilot in contention for the 65/66 season. 'The Green Felt Jungle/The Silent Men co starred Richard Conte and was produced by Universal. When the fall schedule was announced , it was not picked up. so Carey was free to do Days. 

Had things worked out differently, there would have been another Tom Horton. I wonder who else they might have had in mind?

• Members

@Paul RavenI’ve read in various books that the wedding episode itself had the most viewers of any soap episode until Luke and Laura’s wedding smashed all viewing records.  Bill Hayes has said that 16 million watched.  But I haven’t been able to find info to verify any of that.  Do you know whether Nielsen published daily ratings back then?

• Members

The stat I have is that Days was # 1 for the week in March 1974 and then not # 1 again until Steve/Kayla's wedding in 1988, so if that stat is correct, then Days did not hit # 1 in the week at all from 1975-1987.

THE DAYS BIBLE CONTINUED...

Next up in the 1964 "Days" bible is the story of Julie Olson and her brother, Steven. Coming soon: Mickey Horton.  http://www.jason47.com/days/daysbible.html

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I agree. Now that Ryan Murphy and his team has noticed her (she was also on American Horror Stories), I'm not sure how much incentive she'll have to ever go back to DAYS in the near future. They like to recycle actors and that she's pretty much Jennifer Love-Hewitt's de facto replacement while she's on maternity leave gives me the impression they must really like her.