DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

That's interesting as I was just watching some 1984 DAYS edits where Maggie played buffer between Hope and Julie, was this for story purposes then or did Maggie play buffer for years prior as Julie and Hope struggled to bond? That would have been an interesting story thread to play over the years. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So I’ve been watching those 1983 clips that were uploaded recently (including The Great Donut Caper

Please register in order to view this content

) and I have to ask, was there a reason why Sandy Horton was brought back after so many years only to leave just a little while later and never be seen again?

I know she dated Chris for a little while, but it does seem like they were testing the chemistry with Tony, and Eugene as well. 

And I finally got to see some clips of Gregg Marx as David and I thought he did a pretty good job. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Sandy was brought back twice in the 80's but the actresses were bland and there never seem to be much interest in her, which was a pity. Perhaps if Tom Jr was back for a few appearances to establish her better.

The show should have made the preservation of the Hortons a priority,not an afterthought.

Compare her writing to the attention Marlena (a similar character) got a few years earlier.

If only Deidre had come on as Sandy, the Horton's would be in a much better position today,

• Members

It’s an interesting idea but then again have been to be thankful that given that many Days relations are already borderline incest that we did have Marlena. Otherwise the Hortons and Brady’s would be more intertwined than the Forresters and Logans are on B&B.

I do remember back in 2002-early 04 as far as Lucas they were pushing Lucas to be a possible lost DiMera heir especially during the first Higley era but that plot was dropped but JER himself Lucas finally started going around as Lucas Horton out of nowhere lol. 

• Members

Yes, it was around the time Lucas was working for Tony and Sami fell through the glass doors at the DiMera mansion. Kate’s past as Stefano’s favorite call girl was revealed, and she told Lucas she had no idea who his father was. Yikes. But with the change from Higley to JER it wasn’t followed up on, probably for the best. 

Thanks I couldn’t remember when exactly both Lucas and Will changed their surnames to Horton.