DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I liked Mike/Carrie, but I honestly felt bad for their hardcore fans.  The time they actually have sex they are in a freakin flying bed with "How do I Live" playing in the background.   So many years in the making and it's absolutely ridiculous.

Haha I was just going to say I think a white horse was involved lol

Big send off for Christie who was part of the show her entire life lol

• Members

Carrie and Mike ride off together. According to the uploader, Roark apparently fought for this scene. Whether it was a proposal or having the horseback ride remains uncertain, but anyway ... The Sears Portrait Studio effect at the end really sells it, no?

Edited by Franko

• Members

Haha haha!  I completely forgot Mike left the show and came back to pick up Carrie.  I legit thought they left at the same time.  I think I was really over Christie and her bad hair* at this point and thought she would return in like 6 months.  I was wrong lol.

*her hair looks fine in this clip but see 1995-1999 as a reference because oof that hair....

• Members

Are you referring to the blonde bob? I don't know what happened in mid 1995 but going ultra blonde and super straight started becoming a thing that would go on through the remainder of the 90's. Even Heather Locklear and Courtney Thorne-Smith went even more blonde in season 4 than they had been previously. 

The one that got me was Julia Louis Dreyfuss. She went super straight around 95 after years of the curls or waves.

Edited by will81

• Members

The platinum blond bob is the start of the problem.  It's acceptable but looks very unhealthy.  My true problem is when she dyes her hair a muddy brown color and adds bangs that always look greasy.  

See the source image

this whole situation but it looked 10 times worse on the show.Image result for christie clark hair 1998

I remember sparkly bobby pins and clips and just her hair was a weird mess for those years.   Photos are truly not capturing what it was.  

• Members

I thought Roark and Christie had good chemistry (she never has with Austin Peck), but the Mike and Carrie story was probably too overextended. I remember Ali getting some attention at the time because the character was very extreme but not as much in the campy Reilly way, in a more grisly way, like the scene where she tried to kill herself and wrote Mike's name on the wall in blood. There was also the fantasy scene, which was posted here a few times, with Carrie as a real life Barbie doll, ending in Ali choking her out. 

• Members

I don't remember being bothered by it very much but I do remember it being very trendy. The covers certainly evoke that: this is the Rachel cut with Melrose Place Sydney Season 5 collection of over-the-top little-girl hair accessories.

I remember really liking the Ali story. It was working a lot better than it had any right to and as you say, it had a more serious undertone than it looked outwardly. With enough comedy that it wasn't depressing.
Whatever happened to that actress?

• Members

I remember hating Christie's hair most days vividly, but it probably wasn't a big deal.   I just recall her making a serious of bad hair choices and it was bothersome to me on the show, but I can't find any good pics or vids of it.

Lisa Linde played Ali and she was married to James Marsden for years.  They have a couple of kids. She hasn't had an acting credit since 2000 so I assume she retired from acting.

• Members

With the news that DAYS may be revisiting the possession storyline in 2021, I wonder... I've read and researched that DAYS' ratings increased during the possession storyline in 1995. I find that remarkable given the OJ trial happened during that time period. Several other major storylines for soap heroines like Viki's multiple personalities and Erica Kane's drug addiction were going against what I imagine were frequent OJ trial interruptions. 

Edited by ironlion