DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

Late to the party, but I always thought Kim was sidelined with a lot of family drama as opposed to the action/adventure stuff the rest of the couples did and Shane was part of that group.  Kim was always stuck at home lol.  She rarely was part of the adventure stuff that Hope, Kayla, Marlena, and Jen were. And they repeated stories with them like said above and they never were happy for long..  They ended up being tortured to the point where you thought maybe they shouldn't be together lol.  I think Kim was just a different type of heroine and the show struggle with how to write for that type of couple.  Aside from Marlena, Kim was my favorite heroine of that era, but Shane/Kim were not near the top of my favorite couples if that makes any sense.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I believe it was AHB who had Jenn intern at The Spectator and she wrote the Baby Hannah and Jack/Jenn/Emilio stories… then I think RA & AS started in earlyish 1990 and had Jack kidnap Jenn on the fire truck from her wedding to Emilio and they had the A storyline until Gene Palumbo started in summer 1991.

Ya, Nick was a big deal during AHB, but she (maybe it was RA & AS?) moved him away from Eve (it seems like they were pretty popular, though very toxic) in favor of April. Totally bizarre.  It feels like AHB really wanted to make the Ramirez family happen much like Dena Higley was obsessed with the Hernandez’s.  I love the idea of having a front burner Latino family on “Days,” but both attempts have been pretty unsuccessful.  I don’t remember if Carrie & Julio (or Adrienne & Emilio) were under LL or AHB… perhaps both were super invested in carving out a space for the Ramirez’s?

• Members

J&J are my favorite couple on “Days” and while I really, really loved the content AHB and RA & AS gave them, it was problematic and likely would not fly today.  I’d NEVER compare them to Cin, but at a certain point, Jenn was crusading all over town forcing Jack on everyone, despite his past.  But RA & AS made Jack his own harshest critic and he was very self-destructive and deprecating.  Jack not forgiving himself really balanced the writing.  But, I’ll call a spade a spade—most of their initial love story was about Jack’s redemption and pain, including Jenn’s own rape by Lawerence.  Which is beyond cringe.

• Members

Yeah I believe Mike and April were supposed to be the next leading supercouple after Steve and Kayla - I mean April marrying Nick was the same kind of misguided marital mistake that Days was fond of its supercouples making - but for whatever reason that ultimately didn't pan out but the show had Jack and Jennifer which the show went full steam ahead with in the latter part of 89.

I don;t think it was that bizarre as Nick and April's marriage was meant to be a spoiler for both the Mike/April and Nick/Eve pairings. Days loved to have their couples pining away for each other while with the wrong partners.

• Members

Honestly, that’s the way Cin needed to be done. I’ve often cited Jack’s redemption as the type that Ben needed. Have Ben and Ciara keep themselves apart instead of some character, who gets ruined in order to prop him. Can you imagine if they had done to Caroline what was done to Eve?

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I am not embarrassed to say I actually thought Marlena/Chris were cute together.  I am the first to admit DH/JT have never shown an ounce of chemistry as Roman/Marlena, but for some reason they had some back then when he played Chris.  Obviously, nothing like the DH's immediately had, but if the show hadn't went in the direction of recasting RoJohn I don't think I would have hated a Marlena/Chris pairing.

I never saw Chris in real time, but when I went back and watched I liked him a lot.   I was shocked that JT/DH did have some spark and I wonder why it all disappeared when he played Roman.  

Also, Drake looks so young here lol.  I am sure Marlena/DH's 80's styling doesn't help, but he looks noticeably younger than Marlena.  It's funny because I think John actually looks older than Marlena now lol.