DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'll never forget that sudden SORAS. It was so random and it felt so rushed, and then they were pushing Kirsten and Jason Cook immediately. It was a mistake and it proved out years later when Reilly had burnt them out at a very young age. Now they come off too old and as pointless also-rans to countless other characters.

• Members

Yep. That's what I read. Probably a number of things (considering Broderick isn't exactly known as a camp queen), but that was, if nothing else, the last straw.

Seeing years after the fact, how off-the-rails the show had become under Langan round 2000-01, makes me wonder how on Earth the show maintained the ratings it DID have around that time. I know the Last Blast squad had fans, but surely it couldn't make up for how awful a lot of the rest of the show was around then?

• Members

And that's why I thought it was odd that Ken Corday would have hired her in the first place.  Supposedly, he and Broderick had become acquainted over the years at various industry functions, but either the man had never actually watched an episode of AMC before hiring her, or he was making an honest attempt at bringing DAYS back to basics and away from the camp and silliness, and Tom Langan successfully torpedoed it.

I don't remember Broderick, in her brief HW'ing stint, moving away from the JER-inspired crap, but I *do* remember her attempting to ground it all in character and logic, so that it would have made some sense.  The Gina/Hope stuff, in particular, didn't seem *quite* as ridiculous with Broderick in charge of the writing.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I feel like Kirsten was considered a bit of a 'get' back then because of her Disney channel fame.  I swear if I didn't read about it in SOD I would have been shocked when it happened.  And the "Oh my you've grown!" when they returned from their honeymoon.  Ewww....

I thought it was more of a disagreement over how much the teens were used, not so much their introduction.  I think they had very different ideas of what they wanted.

I mean the Last Blast Crew must have been more popular than I thought if there was a Saturday Morning Spinoff being bandied about.

The Virtual Garden of Eden stuff with Greta/Austin.   I would try to explain it, but I can't.

• Members

Victoria, what did you do!!!!! 

An excuse for shirtless men, dumb special effects and overacted jokes but that is part of the history of the show?
Scryber96 is going to see this, be "inspired" and BOOM.
Expect to see Leo in a snake costume torturing sheepskin shirtless Ben and Ciara in a revisit of the Garden of Eden for Xmas 2022.