DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Weird in the fact they chose Neil as the new dad, but in the scheme of things Evan being Sarah's dad wasn't important or relevant because he was a long forgotten character.  I think the point was to make Sarah's paternity a story and something that was a current issue.  Neil was just a bizarre choice because it didn't make sense in actuality but made sense as conflict in the story at that moment in time.

I think Sarah's paternity retcon was the offshoot of Maggie and Neil's boring affair. Sarah drugging Neil and making it look like they had sex. So Sarah could get the truth from Neil. Was very OTT. And then Sarah is forgotten for years. Until RC finally brought her back.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Yeah, I get that.  It was convenient for the plot at the time, but it really had no long term fallout or effects.  Neil and Sarah were gone soon after and like Maggie/Neil were just a blip on the Mickey/Maggie radar.  I honestly don't think it matters who Sarah's dad is-that was just a weird choice.  I just can't think of a better long term choice unless it was randomly Victor or something down the road when Maggie/Victor first hooked up.  I mean, I have no idea if Joe Gallison wants to work but they could have brought him back when Sarah came back instead of vaguely killing him off screen.

• Members

The Maggie/Neil story came about as they were some of the only vet characters remaining and either Corday  recognized that they were beloved by a lot of the audience and had been reduced to basically extras. He acknowleged that in an interview saying something along the lines that 'they won't be on 3 days a week but also not just talk to's.'

There was no interest in creating major story for them so I guess they looked at the past and decided the surrogate story was ripe for revisiting and a way to provide some drama.

Same thing happened to Maggie previously when they hooked her up with Don in the Mickey presumed dead story. Just a way of giving them some screentime.

• Members

Well, Joe is 86 years old (turning 87 in March) - unfortunately, not everyone is Doug Hayes so I'm pretty sure he's retired as his work has been very sparse since he left DAYS. And despite being on the show for 15+ years it does feel like Neil is all but forgotten, so I don't see the point of bringing him back if they didn't do it when Sarah re-appeared.

lol, it just struck me how much they de-aged Sarah as Linsey is seven years younger than Sarah's birth on screen, much less her being a teenager at the start of the 90s.

Edited by te.

• Members

Yeah, I assumed he was retired years ago.  He's definitely a forgotten character.  I just thought 2-3 years ago when they introduced Sarah (and had the possibility of Noel coming back) he could briefly come back at least to help the introduction.  Was Neil reunited with Liz when he left?   I honestly don't even remember him leaving.

Yeah, they de-aged Sarah a lot.  She was older than Carrie in 1990 and is now presumably younger than Belle and Brady who weren't even born when she left as a teen.

• Members

Lmao yep. Technically, Sarah’s supposed to be older than Grandma Sami

Please register in order to view this content

After Neil and Liz split up, he sort of just bounced around Salem for a few years. He married Angelica for a little while, and after they broke up, had the affair with Maggie. And then, he just disappeared one day, sort of like Don going to mail the letter  

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I think Sarah is supposed to be older than LG's age, so she's at least age appropriate to date Eric.  But she definitely reads much younger than Belle, Brady, Sami, Eric etc.  To me, she feels slightly older than Abby, Chad, Will, but it's hard to pin down her age.  

For some reason I thought Neil ended up with Liz off screen, but maybe that was in my head lol.  I can't imagine characters giving shout outs to Neil and Liz once they were gone.  

Poor Don.  You think he would have had some staying power being Marlena's first husband and all.  All but forgotten.  I always thought it would have been cool for him to come back in the mid 90's and maybe casually woo Marlena while John was busy with Kristen, but ultimately end up romancing Laura/Kate/Vivian etc.  For some reason Laura/Don/Vivian sounds so fun to me and obviously JA was still open to doing soaps.

• Members

In my mind, Neil DID reconcile with Liz; and he and Noelle supported her in her new career as a cruise ship entertainer.

IA about Don/JA.  It's a shame he's been forgotten, and that DAYS never even tried to bring him back, especially once SANTA BARBARA was finished.

• Members

If we ever get Noel cast hopefully she could give us an update.  I swear I want her cast just because I feel like she's a little slutty and slept with her sister's fiance.  I want to meet her more than I want to see LG's Sarah again.  I'd rather have Noel than the addition of Gwen.

Anyhow, so weird they never tried to get Don back.  He could have been a slight spoiler for Marlena/John/Kristen or even shook up Mickey and Maggie for a minute and then moved on to other women in that age range.  Don actually had legitimate potential to be brought back in the 90's because there were enough characters he knew and enough for him to be paired with.  Lord knows Mickey could use the legal help.   He could have come in to help with John's trial or Jack's.   I've said this before, but this is literally something that writes itself.   

• Members

I was never a big fan of de-aging either, but after I saw Mike Manning, who's 6 years older than Lucas Adams but looks like he actually could be the younger brother, I'm more accepting of the fact that you can be older but still look young. Now I just assume that Sarah is close in age to Eric and Xander 

Please register in order to view this content