Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Grieving is definitely a different state of being. Looking at that scene though, I think Tom was transferring his feelings of abandonment by Margo onto Nancy's relationship with Mac. In actuality, it was nobody's business but Nancy's, a grown woman.

That quasi-temporary triangle between Caleb Lily and Holden didn't bother me because it seemed like a B or C storyline at best, even though I know it went on for some time, especially when Angel got added to the mix. The Meg, Tonio and Emily storyline was clearly the A storyline, with more characters involved (Betsy, Rod/Josh, even Seth and Susan). After that, it was Tom and Margo, Duncan's foolishness and Nancy. At least, that's what it seemed like to me.

• Members

The tension between Holden, Emily, Tonio and Meg was so thick you could cut it with a knife. I don't think I've ever seen Meg so relieved to see Iva!

Funny how Tonio, the supposedly smart and cunning businessman seems to believe that Holden doesn't know all about the affair. Even his wife Meg knows what he's been up to.

Those scenes between Angel and Caleb seem as though they were written for the sstage Very big in expression as if they were playing to the rafters.

I preferred this actor who played Tuan, Lien's friend. I know Phillip Moon later took over the role but Russell Wong looks like he'd be more believable as being in Lien's age group and more likely that she'd be attracted to him. Also Wong does 'bad boy' so we'll.

Also, it's clear that Lisa was Oakdale's Great Connector. If you were new in town, it was best to make her acquaintance, as she would likely introduce you to the whole town. I wish I had someone like that in my life, networking would be easy.

Oh my, at those scenes with Emily with her feet propped up on the desk, looking as though she truly were in the 'cat-bird' seat. Also, I had the urge to play the Jay-Z song 'Big Pimpin' because of that reversal in that last scene when Tonio (and the viewers) witnesses his undoing. That was so good.

I enjoyed the fact that Emily made up her mind that she was going to go on the offensive and unapologetically relished what she'd done. It won't last long, of course but for a moment, Emily got the drop on Tonio, who thought he was in control and had managed to put Emily in her place but the opposite happened.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Every show needs someone like that..and Lisa was the perfect fit for it...knowing everyone by being the town's glam busybody and her mothering of all the young people and the lost souls. Gautman and MADD never got that she was important in that role (or that a role like that was important) and its to Diva Fulton's credit that I didn't hear her complain about it at that stage of the game.

• Members

Don Hastings may have mentioned a little bit about this, but if he did, it must have been brief.

Has Rosemary Prinz been invited to any of these reunions? She has done theater live streams, so I think she would do fine with the format. She'd also be a hoot! If no one contacts her for one of these reunions, it will have been a missed opportunity.

• Members

I'm so excited! Back when SoapClassics was around, I managed to get all the ATWT box sets they released except for one: the CarJack one.

Ever since, I've been scouring the internet for it, but for the longest time I could only find a ridiculously-priced version (over $100 I believe).

About two weeks ago, I suddenly found a reasonably-priced version on eBay. I wasted no time in ordering it, and it just came in today. I was expecting a second-hand version, but it's sealed and seems unused. 

So now I have my SoapClassics ATWT collection complete! I guess I'll be revisiting some classic CarJack for Christmas...

• Members

I know when Beth Ehlers was portraying Irna for the GL anniversary show...(and a great job she did..she was better as Irna then as Harley at that point) she mentioned that she went and talked to Hastings and Fulton, and that he was great on her mind set and Fulton gave her tips on how she spoke and her body language...so it would be great to hear from both of them in dept about Irna.

• Members

I would love it if Hastings, Prinz and Fulton could do a livestream via Zoom or Skype but Alan had previously intimated that Fulton might NOT be up to this, which also seems rather convenient for Alan since we know how averse he is toward any type of candor in which uncomfortable truths are told and anybody who has followed Fulton since the show's cancellation knows how deeply disrespected she felt during the final years of the show. I suspect that there would be some comparisons made between the show's early years and its final years and it might not be pretty, which Alan likely wants to avoid at all costs.

Edited by DramatistDreamer
oops.