Jump to content

As The World Turns Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Which characters are you referring to..the group of the really stupid McKechnie Castle thing...(you know the one which got moved, brick by brick and all the furniture and tapestries and also, carried the ghost with it? Marland didn't do camp???) or the Mona Lisa gang?  I never really noticed before but the Duncan actor is really out of place in Marland's ATWT, he is sexy, masculine, not bad, and despite Marland doing his best to wussy him, not a wuss. He was fun when he was a rogue guy screwing Babs and causing problems for Shannon,  and yes, typical Marland, he does get boring and blander when he and Shannon get together..they always should have been the fun couple going on adventures and solving mysteries, not the typical Marland bores spouting off about intimacy and "honesty" in a relationship! I wonder what the actor would have done on GL which was more adventurous and campy.

 

I was joking about the castle and Beau/Pam/etc. as I think you've talked about how bad that stuff was before. 

 

I agree Michael Swan probably would have been better-suited to a more dashing era of GL - maybe a rival to Quint. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • DRW50

    2377

  • DramatistDreamer

    1255

  • Soapsuds

    1006

  • P.J.

    647

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

 

I was joking about the castle and Beau/Pam/etc. as I think you've talked about how bad that stuff was before. 

 

I agree Michael Swan probably would have been better-suited to a more dashing era of GL - maybe a rival to Quint. 

Duncan and Shannon kind of remind me (at their most fun) of Quint and Nola.  They were getting the kind of stories on ATWT that Quola should have gotten, but for some reason Long could not or would not write for them ..they should have goten the cabin mystery or been more involved in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

 

I loved it!  I wish Lauren had gone more into her meeting with the P&G head honchos. I guess this is why she was fired? All the love the ladies had for Larry Bryggman. They briefly mentioned the lost opportunities in stories and the lack of certain characters let go. The love for FMB and the shade(dislike) of Goutman. Tamara talk and it's obvious why she hasn't done one. There was a lot discussed. A must see reunion!

 

 Loved this one. It would be a great hanging out with these ladiies

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

 

I loved it!  I wish Lauren had gone more into her meeting with the P&G head honchos. I guess this is why she was fired? All the love the ladies had for Larry Bryggman. They briefly mentioned the lost opportunities in stories and the lack of certain characters let go. The love for FMB and the shade(dislike) of Goutman. Tamara talk and it's obvious why she hasn't done one. There was a lot discussed. A must see reunion!

 

 Loved this one. It would be a great hanging out with these ladiies

 

So much potential for Camille...I loved the John/Camille connection.  He was her mentor and she was an eager student that wouldn't be pushed around...and I loved her friendship with Margo.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Soaplovers said:

 

So much potential for Camille...I loved the John/Camille connection.  He was her mentor and she was an eager student that wouldn't be pushed around...and I loved her friendship with Margo.

 

 

I loved Camille. She was another character that shouldn't have been let go. ATWT had some horrible characters and actors who stayed for years while those that were great were gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2020 at 4:34 PM, victoria foxton said:

 

 

Such a great interview. This Alan guy though starts interjecting at the worst times though. I wanted to hear more about how they felt as black actresses on daytime, they all seemed up for talking in-depth about it. I wasn't watching when Denise or Camille were on but I loved Napiera as Bonnie. She mentioned one positive of P&G, despite the hate she got from some people for being the dark-skinned daughter of a white man and a light skin woman they just ignored it and kept it pushing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darn said:

 

Such a great interview. This Alan guy though starts interjecting at the worst times though. I wanted to hear more about how they felt as black actresses on daytime, they all seemed up for talking in-depth about it.

 

 

He's abysmal and ruins most interviews but apparently there's nobody in his life caring enough to stage an intervention. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems as though Alan feels that he has to be seen saying something, heaven forbid he actually let the conversation flow organically.

The actresses were highly diplomatic, seeking to complement their colleagues and their generosity, rather than get into the weeds of the politics at P&G, probably sensing Alan's unease with those topics.

I was intrigued by Lauren's brief recounting of the time that a group of Black actors convened to bring their concerns, as well as voice their displeasure with P&G. Someone needs to ask her more about that because I'd like to hear more about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Locher is constantly trying to stifle the actors from being candid - why? These shows are long gone. P&G is out of the soap business. Why protect bad eras of good soaps just because you worked on those bad eras once upon a time? It's ridiculous. I love when these reunions spiral out of his control.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.