Jump to content

As The World Turns Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

Joel Crothers was astonishingly hot on EON with that massive stache. As someone who only knew him from DS reruns as a kid it was a jolt. Gone too soon, Daddy!

 

Spotted: Lindsay Frost (Betsy) on Shudder's The Last Drive-In weekly horror marathon, in the dreadful zombie buddy cop comedy Dead Heat with Treat Williams, Darren McGavin, Vincent Price and yes, Joe Piscopo. Her role is, uh, unique.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Limenade said:

 

I can't imagine Michael Swan without a mustache, but IMHO the best one in soap-dom  was Joel Crothers (Edge of Night - R.I.P.) - though he was clean-shaven, I believe, in Dark Shadows.  The late Dennis Parker (Edge of Night) was another good one.  

Michael Swan could carry it off and Parker..everything I look at him he looks like he had a sling in his apartment..but he carried it off too. I think the Dobs or whomever thought it was "mod" and masculine to have facial hair..remember for a few months Bob had a beard!! One person who needs facial hair is Justin Deas...he looked much better and was hot as Tom...as Buzz..not at all!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday, June 26th, 2020 at 2:00 PM 

 

As a fan of the couple, the characters, and the actors I'm catching this one!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DRW50 said:

 

I don't think it ever worked for the guy who played Brad either...

 

I think it could work for some guys now but they are never properly maintained and they seem to be reluctant to let them grow out as much as the above guys did. Or they just want the full beard and mustache and look like they're from the Old West. 

 

I agree. I think some guys could make it work if done properly as you said. Another thing that happened was the derogatory term "Pornstache" became a buzzword and if guy has a mustache now days someone will instantly hurl that insult. Comedians will often grow one to use as a cheap comedy gag like Will Ferrell etc...

1 hour ago, Limenade said:

 

I can't imagine Michael Swan without a mustache, but IMHO the best one in soap-dom  was Joel Crothers (Edge of Night - R.I.P.) - though he was clean-shaven, I believe, in Dark Shadows.  The late Dennis Parker (Edge of Night) was another good one.  

I agree.The mustache suited their face. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Forever8 said:

Friday, June 26th, 2020 at 2:00 PM 

 

As a fan of the couple, the characters, and the actors I'm catching this one!!! 

I knew it was them before the YouTube screen popped up.

 

@P.J. is going to love this.

 

I've always found Michael Park sexy. He oozes I am nice guy and sexy too..lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Michael Swan could carry it off and Parker..everything I look at him he looks like he had a sling in his apartment..but he carried it off too. I think the Dobs or whomever thought it was "mod" and masculine to have facial hair..remember for a few months Bob had a beard!! One person who needs facial hair is Justin Deas...he looked much better and was hot as Tom...as Buzz..not at all!

 

 ^ I remember that about Bob! Larry Bryggman also went through phases of mustache.  Oddly enough I'm somewhat neutral about him with or without it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Forever8 said:

Friday, June 26th, 2020 at 2:00 PM 

 

As a fan of the couple, the characters, and the actors I'm catching this one!!! 

Oh hell no...she's a hot mess in real life...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soapsuds said:

I knew it was them before the YouTube screen popped up.

 

@P.J. is going to love this.

 

I've always found Michael Park sexy. He oozes I am nice guy and sexy too..lol

 

We so have the same taste in men lol!

 

Enjoying seeing Gregg today? lol ... he's aged very very well

 

I think Locher should stick with 2/3 people. It just works so much better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This was a great interview. Alan's interviewing skills still suck. But theses interviews work.  When the actors are totally into them. 

Edited by victoria foxton
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, agreed.

 

Thankfully Scott, Gregg and Hillary are lively and animated and talkers. Some actors just aren't lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2020 at 7:01 PM, Mitch said:

I wonder why the short term gig before the Dobsons? Was Marland slated to be the head writer. I know he started several storylines..like the Joyce return and he was getting ready for a Penny return. I wonder what might have been and why the change.

Looking at some of Joyce time on this show im really surprised they just let her go, she's apart of the great history of the show, i wonder why they just made her leave in 81.

 

Does anyone know if there was a goodbye scene for her departure?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KMan101 said:

 

 

Thankfully Scott, Gregg and Hillary are lively and animated and talkers. Some actors just aren't lol.

Cough Ellen Dolan cough Ellen Dolan

1 hour ago, KMan101 said:

 

We so have the same taste in men lol!

 

Enjoying seeing Gregg today? lol ..

Oh really? We need to talk over coffee..lol. Oh wait I don't drink coffee..lol

 

Gregg looks great! I had a crush on him when he was on ATWT. Who knew he was gay.

 

Scott Bryce is so damn adorable.

 

The interview was great! They discussed a lot even Anne Sward which Ellen was clueless when asked about her.

 

Edited by Soapsuds
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...