As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Cough Ellen Dolan cough Ellen Dolan

Oh really? We need to talk over coffee..lol. Oh wait I don't drink coffee..lol

Gregg looks great! I had a crush on him when he was on ATWT. Who knew he was gay.

Scott Bryce is so damn adorable.

The interview was great! They discussed a lot even Anne Sward which Ellen was clueless when asked about her.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

ITA! Such easy chemistry among the 3 of them after all these years - memorable, vivid details from their reminiscence.  Glad to hear about Marland and Calhoun, and grateful that Scott talked about Liz Hubbard and Gregg about Eileen.

• Members

I think Joyce left during the 1981 writer strike..after her scheme was exposed by Lisa.

I do think Joyce/Lisa could have carried into the 80s even if they were in separate stories.  

From what I saw of the Dobson's 1st stint at ATWT, they had a good handle on Joyce...she's the type of character the Dobson's could write with their eyes closed.

• Members

Interesting how Calhoun loved all three and left the role of Tom vacant in case Marx wanted to return and Marland wanting to keep Bryce when he became HW. Bryce was thinking of leaving. 

Liz and Scott sent to the main offices and told by the producers and P&G to stop the sexual teasing and then calling them back that they were wrong and the audience loved it..lol

The cast of the facts of life being fans of ATWT and watched it everyday. Nancy McKeon telling producers she wanted Bryce on the show.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Thanks for posting the link @Soapsuds. Just watched that Locher Room instalment now, and OMG I was in stitches!

• Scott Bryce and Hillary B Smith could still do a sibling relationship even today (hell they even LOOK like siblings).
  • Add can I just also say - Gregg Marx definitely has DILF qualities. His face (and his eyes especially) is just so easy to get lost in.

I love how HBS keeps trying to get Gregg to “play with her” on various projects. So obvious that they still love each other so much.

Oh! I also loved how they talked about one of my favourite ATWT scenes ever - when Craig’s crimes are finally exposed to Lyla and she went off on him. They even mentioned *the slap*.

The scene in question start at 43:54

Edited by OzFrog

• Members

You're welcome! I posted it so it would be easier to find.

Scott and Hillary were roommates back in the day.

I didn't know Hilary wanted Gregg at OLTL. I assume he didn't do any of the projects because he didn't want to move back to the east coast.

I posted the video of Lyla slapping Craig the other day.

I hope Alan can get Annie Sward for an interview. Scott said he could get in touch with her and ask.

Haha

I think this is true for a lot of ATWT cast members. They have this family bond and it showed in today's interview with Gregg, Hillary and Scott.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

This reunion was so much fun, I think it has to be my favorite one, followed by Don Hastings and Kathryn Hays. You could tell that Gregg, Hillary and Scott were excited to be gathered for this reunion. Also, I'm so glad that there were little to no technical glitches, which was a relief.

I also have to say that Alan didn't do badly, he probably knew from the OLTL Reunion that HBS wouldn't need much prodding and he could sort of sit back and let the actors take the lead in the conversation.  Wise move.  Alan had several big smiles on his face, so I think he genuinely enjoyed himself.

One note about the chat: I think there are too many people commenting on actors and stories that have nothing to do with these actors or their their time on the show, which might be part of the reason why Alan gets to so few questions in the chat because some people are cluttering up the chat feed with comments and questions and requests for other actors to appear that aren't even connected to the actors who are appearing at the time. I wish people would keep that in mind.  Surely, Alan has a Twitter and it would better serve them if they reach him that way, if it is about a possible future reunion episode.

I didn't mind the request for Anne Sward because Sward is connected to all of the actors who appeared today.  In fact, I think Alan mentioned the possibility of them getting together again with Anne Sward, which I would love.

I wish P&G would allow Alan to use clips. It would enhance it even more to get commentary from the actors on certain scenes.

Although I understand that some actors cringe at watching themselves onscreen.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Hillary mentions that Mercedes Ruehl and Dana Delaney auditioned for Margo against her. Dana had only been off the show (as Hayley) for a few years. Interesting. 

Alan really didn’t know the child Lyla gave birth to?  KATIE.  Or that Jermaine Jackson and Whitney Houston sang Tom and Margo’s song?  **sigh**  Do some research, guy. You don’t know the shows as well as WE do and you worked there. 

Edited by antmunoz
Computer glitch