Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That was wonderful. They are my golden generation of this show. I could listen to the three of them forever, trading stories. I wonder how the character of Tom would've evolved if Gregg Marx had stayed in the role. He would've been a fabulous DA. 

The miscarriage storyline is still vidid in my mind. The way it was told... and to see Margo vulnerable that way.

Great stories about Liz Hubbard.

What a great afternoon. With all the crap happening in the world, this really put a needed smile on my face.

• Members

And Whitney and Jermaine performed one or two other songs on the show too but 'If You Say My Eyes Are Beautiful' was Tom & Margo's theme song. Having access to clips would've been very helpful in that case but yeah, soap songs were a big part of the 80s, lol.

Dana Delaney must've started China Beach a few short years after that audition, so her name must've been in the casting pipeline.

OMG at Scott mentioning how Mary Linda Rapelye's character Maggie went to the Hayloft and never came out. Personally, I didn't care for that set but I wonder if that was the last time The Hayloft was seen onscreen?

They all had a big laugh at the concept of SORASing.

• Members

Scott, Hillary, and Gregg have amazing chemistry together and you could tell how much they enjoyed working together, and how close they are in real-life. Nothing felt fake about it, and conversation naturally flowed. 

LOL at Scott saying the script was a mere "reference point" for Liz Hubbard. I still think that may have been a big part of her tumultuous relationship with Marland. 

Gregg and Scott are both DILFs.

Please register in order to view this content

I only wish someone other than Alan was doing these reunions though. He needs to accept the fact he's no longer employed by P&G so there's no need to be such a "company man." I was bit peeved when he rolled his eyes and said "supposed" when Eileen Fulton's grandma clause came up - there's nothing supposed there, Eileen's spoken publicly about it many times. Hillary did clarify that Eileen no longer had that clause in her contract when she came back to the show, and a lot of fans were off the mark blaming her for Margo and Tom losing the baby.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Exactly. Eileen had that clause in the 70’s because Tom was aged so rapidly and married off to Carol, then Natalie. Eileen had seen what becoming a grandmother onscreen did to Pat Bruder’s Ellen (and it killed off Barbara Berger’s GREAT-grandmother Claire). 

He’s somewhat uninformed and disrespectful about anything that happened prior to 1997, it seems. 

So I won’t hold out hope for the Kathryn Hays/Marie Masters/Patricia Bruder episode that I NEED.