As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

It's strange in a way to read about and see clips of early Nancy as a cold stern controlling woman. I remember her more as loving "Gram" by the time I came along. I once saw a clip from 1974 where Nancy is in Bob's office and they are discussing Jennifer. Nancy is pretty much shredding her to Bob. Bob tells her Jennifer wants to have a career and have a family. Nancy says' " Oh Bob, whoever heard of that ?"

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The Emily actress blurted this out during a story about Benjamin walking in the dressing room naked on a dare from SH and just taking to Martha Byrnes and others like he was dressed.  Kelly burst out with "Well what about Helen Wagner" and they all laughed like "yea.." and Martha said.."Well, that how it was in the THE-ATER" ! Funny stuff and yes, I can't scrub my mind from Nancy Hughes prancing around the Oakdale citizenry in bra and panties!!!

Yes, it was a video of staff reminiscing and it was the Katie actress who talked about Don coming to smooth things over, then Hays to be. bit sterner.."kiddo" and then "If you saw Helen coming down the hall, you were in TROUBLE!"  So they werent that far off from their roles!

Edited by Mitch

• Members

There are various ATWT clips in this. Not sure if anyone can help with the date. It seems to be before August 9th. Maybe the 8th? 

Those earrings on Iva are a real trip. It's hard to imagine her wearing those. 

I wonder why they splashed out so much money on such an expansive kitchen set for - is that Cal's place? Woody's? It's gorgeous. Feels a bit like a waste as these characters didn't stay around long (Woody and Hannah and co). 

Hannah was such a pain. 

• Members

From those pics someone else had very bad work done also! I don't get why good looking people just age naturally or do a small nip or tuck. I think GL's Zimmer (who I am sure had some work done ) looks great and natural and like a real person then this stuff!

• Members

Helen Wagner would not renew her contract (they only offered her 1 day a week) right before the shows 25th anniversary...(the anniversary show that year is piss poor one with Kim and Nick getting married, though at least Chris walked her down the isle.)  A year later(?) they put McLautlin on recurring and they would trot the guy out for something dumb, like Margo's wedding shower and he would have no lines...Nancy and Chris came back for one episode for Tom and Margo's wedding, did not interact with anyone and were gone again until they brought Nancy back for Kim and Bob's wedding (McLaughlin must have not been well.) and then they brought them back that summer (I will forever think that ATWT had good mojo from then on for bringing an obviously failing DM back and putting him back on contract...THAT is the P & G soap I grew up on..)

The contract offered to Wagner was from Fred B as an executive producer and putting Don on recurring and then getting rid of him was Bunim.