Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I enjoyed the fall of 2005 for the most part. The baby switch umbrella story was indeed pretty intriguing as well as Gwen/Carly drama. Still as much as I liked Dusty and Jennifer together, I thought the whole Jen is a crystal meth addict to cope was a bit of a stretch. The whole BJ Green caper was fun but ridiculously unnecessary. Still it beat anything we saw 2006-2010, aside from some moments there in 2009. Passanate screwed up everything she had going good for her, namely the total destruction of Maddie and Gwen.

Anyone else remember those Tyson Chicken commercials there in 2004 with Barbara? They were hilarious although I can't believe Tyson used a fictional psycho at the time to sell their products.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

God that was bad. I never knew Babs was an over the top psycho. When did that happen, what did Bob, Kim, Lisa, have to say about it. I remember her being scarred and how she moved to Fairwinds and James got a hold of her...(good idea for a story, to turn Babs into the monster she hated..though terrible execution...) was this the follow up?

• Members

The crazy Barbara stuff incensed me. It's one of those times I stopped watching for years because otherwise I'd probably break my TV. Why I had such a strong belief in the sanity of a woman who was always a little nuts I don't quite get, but, that's soaps for you.

• Members

LOL I loved that episode where Barb jumped through the window. I started watching ATWT in 2004 so thats the only Barbara I knew.When I started looking at classic episodes I was so confused when I'd see her as a fairly nice person. I hope they include that episode on a future DVD release.

• Members

The best thing about Barbara was she was a sometimes very kind woman who could also be a real bitch, and at times, a little crazy and desperate (my favorite was when she faked her own stalking). I know a lot of people had issues with Barbara/Henry (generally I enjoyed them), but for whatever reason, I thought ATWT's last year got Barbara just about perfect.

• Members

I could take her as someone who could go over the edge and loose herself, but it should have been played out in a more serious way, that scene played out like a bad scene during the Marlena is the Salem Stalker storyline, and that is not a compliment in acting or writing. I like Babs and Henry...(cept Henry was so gay, but that's okay, I think Babs had enough of the poke and grind and all the drama that entails) nice to see Babs happy. I really liked how she acted during the Bob and Kim anniversary and the Nancys' death episodes, (like how they remembered that Lisa and Babs had a nice odd friendship thoughout the years, as she goes to Fashions and leaves a message on Lisa's voicemail that she loves her and during the prayer how she holds Lisa and looks concered over her.) still a bit brittle and quick to take offense but basically a nice person who been through hell and back.

But that scene right before jumping out a widow, was just so bad!!

And I know everyone disagrees with me, but damn, Hunt Block is sexy as hell!

• Members

I thought Hunt was kind of sexy on GL. ATWT, well, you know my view on that. I guess it depends on the role. His Knots Landing run never quite worked for me either, although you got to see him in a Speedo.

It's hard to remember sometimes that stuff like Barbara/Lisa was tough to find in the later years. At least they sort of made it up. I also wish they'd had Lisa/Carly make up.