• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That would not happen today. 

Kristian Alfonso on Falcon Crest was the late 1980s equivalent of Vanessa Marcil on Beverly Hills 90210. Popular daytime stars brought on to fading primetime soaps in the hopes that their huge daytime followings would carry over with them.

• Members

Something about Ann Marcus from various snippets I've seen, she always spilling tea about the devious people she's encountered and how she was wronged.

No doubt a lot of it is true but I would like to hear some other takes

eg the walking out of the restaurant story she presents a little bit of mischief but I'm sure if she had someone walk out on her she would present that as very unprofessional and totally out of line.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

I am in a huge minority when I say that I don't think there was nothing intrinsically wrong with KA and Pilar as an idea.
The character could have been a fine addition had Melissa not been abruptly killed off right when she was introduced (which was the biggest crime) and had they used Pilar as the second-tier character she ought to have been.
But as far as "Lance's love interest of the week" go she was one of the more believable ones.
And I would have loved to have seen what they could have done with a Melissa vs Pilar battle.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

Glad to see Falcon Crest resurface again on IMDB TV(and Amazon Prime)! Been enjoying these first several episodes again as well I totally forget there was an another actress to play Melissa. Was never a fan of Vickie, and I do wish Julia had been given more to do as the show progressed instead of go nuts. 

Poor Maggie’s death haunts me to this day though: That the first of the trifecta of needlessly unnecessary horrible deaths for CBS soaps in their dying seasons. The second was April on Dallas followed by Linda Fairgate on Knots Landing. I did like the modernized S9 opening though I guess they were hoping to bring the show into the 90’s? 

• Members

My favorite thing about these stupid deaths (Melissa, Maggie) is that both of them happened in the first few episodes of their respective seasons so both actresses who had negotiated a clever contract ended up being paid an entire season for not working.
And so did Jane Wyman in Season 9 but for other reasons.

The show was basically setting money on fire to make itself worse.

• Members

I don't think Susan got paid for the entire season; the story is that when they announced they had to cut costs for season 9 she "volunteered" to be written off the show. I'm not sure if Wyman was paid for the full season either or if she had a pay cut at the very least per episode.

But yes, Ana Alicia did have a contract to play Melissa for the full 22 episodes of season 8... so she also got paid for further five episodes when they brought her back as Samantha since her contract specifically mentioned Melissa. Savvy woman.