Falcon Crest

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I can't wait! The cliffhanger was great with a coffin being put to the ground and not knowing who had been killed.

Pretty much although I did think Lorenzo Lamas was hot. I still preferred Billy Moses over Lorenzo.

Hahaha...yet Falcon Crest was lucky to be placed right after Dallas.

• Members

So Jamie Rose was annoying AND had a stupid hairstyle. I don't understand why a woman would want to look like a poodle.

Falcon Crest wasn't a great show but they were genius at casting some of their key roles. Susan Sullivan was the perfect type for the long-suffering heroine you wouldn't get sick of, Ana Alicia was gorgeous, sexy, and crazy, and sympathetic, Lorenzo Lamas and Billy Moses were cute, David Selby was debonair and good fun, and Jane Wyman was, after she got into her groove, addictive. The woman who played Emma was good too.

If anyone wants to see an Ana Alicia interview and photos I posted one in the Ryan's Hope thread yesterday.

• Members

Forgot about Margaret Ladd as Emma Channing :wub:

I thought their first three or four seasons were good and then they just started going downhill leading to that dreadful last season with Gregory Harrison :blink::wacko:

Edited by shadow

• Members

That cover looks pretty...but what a weird picture to go in the center. No Julia, Lance, Cole, or Richard? But Vickie gets a spot.

I have the S1 release and I'm loving it so far, though I've read that the first season isn't really a favorite among fans (or maybe I'm just not looking around enough). Of course, there are comparisons to Dallas, but I don't think that FC is too much like D. The characters on FC, so far at least, are generally benevolent and well-meaning. Even Angela is pretty tame in the first season. There's a more positive atmosphere, and I like that. Early Dallas sorta leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth because, much as I absolutely love it, the Ewings, from the jump, are a pretty corrupt family in so many ways. The FC gang is more laid-back, and I like the fact that we actually see them working in the fields and in the labs.

That said, I'm so excited for S2 on DVD!! I haven't gotten to Melissa's debut yet, but what I'm really looking forward to is Ana Alicia's first appearance! She's just...:wub:...in the two episodes I've seen her in. And a triangle with her, the sexy version of Lorenzo Lamas, and that hunky WRM (who, yes, has a lovely ass)? I need to see that!

• Members

I love FALCON CREST. In Europe, we have the 2 first seasons on DVD...now we are waiting for the season 3...the problem with the season 1 and season 2 is that the DVDs don't have any extras and there are no teasers at the beginning of each episode...but...FC is the best!!! In my country, FC was a hit!!!!!!

• Members

Season 2 is where it really picks up steam, Selby joined the cast, etc, and it became a full on campy soap.

So apparently this release is only a MOD release--made on demand (and hence will be burned DVDs, not pressed?) I'd prefer pressed but seriously, MOD releases probably make the most sense with these long running soaps--the first seasons will always sell much better than later ones. If there are no plans, as I hope there are, to release more Knots after Dallas is done, maybe they could take up the MOD format. (I wish though they'd do MOD with Amazon as some others have just as that would be easier for me to deal with--well and I have a lot of Amazon gift cards and none for Warner Bros :P)