Falcon Crest

• Members

To this day, I'll never understand the logic behind dumping Ana-Alicia.  Melissa was poised to become a major player in Tuscany Valley -- and a threat to Angela and the rest of the Channing/Gioberti clan -- like never before.  If done right, it could have changed the show's entire trajectory.  But, leave it to FC to shoot itself in the foot at the MOST inopportune time.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They didn't save money - Ana Alicia was paid for all 22 episodes of season 8 PLUS the additional five episodes where she appeared as Melissa's doppelganger since her original contract stated specifically that it was for her playing Melissa, so they had to draft a new one.

With that said, I'm not sure if the implications that Ana gives are true - Kristian Alfonso was married from 1987-91 to Simon Macauley. Sure people have affairs, but there's been no indications that it was the case here..

Edited by te.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I read from a seemingly reliable source on another message board that Dallas is being remastered for HD. This includes the later seasons when it was shot on film, but edited on tape, which requires reassembling the episodes from the original elements (not a small effort). I’m guessing that when this is done, it will show up on HBO Max. You can’t show the current prints on that service - they would just look awful in comparison with the other shows streaming.