• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

POTOMAC

Another easy, breezy episode. 

Perhaps it was my headspace after binging NORMAL PEOPLE or the Dad Blues sneaking up on me, but it took a while for me to get through it the first time. Or the wine. lol. I did enjoy it. We were just talking a few pages back about Karen Season 1 vs Karen now. So this episode was extremely well-timed into digging more into who Karen is. Meanwhile, the undercurrent of the fight was still very much present. I LOVE THAT. This is like its own little soap opera with individual scenes going on. The producers have found the right balance. And dare I say...Miami Season 2 without the recurring characters? Other shows could take note. 

KAREN. So...not only is Karen a legacy which she has been saying forever, but her father was self-made. For me that says so much about her. I love that Karen was giving the spotlight and as she would say her view was spectacular. It was nice to get to know her. It was interesting who she chose to come with her. And yes. Wow. Her and Ashley have come a LOOOOOOOONG way. But this really, really humanizes her even more than they were already doing. I giggled at the parade since I am from a small town as well and that was how our parade used to go down when I was a kid. And I felt her when she was at the church. The pain of losing a parent never truly goes away. And while my loss has been years it is still quite unnerving at times. If I was disappointed at Karen at all, it was because she should have talked to Monique about what she said to Candiace before anyone else. You could already see Gizelle's wheels turning. And then we have Robyn telling Candiace too. Can we say ambush? But I am confident Karen will get those bandits all the way together.

GIZELLE. Doing too much. There were times her humor was fun. But then she just had to be shady.

ROBYN. Her dress up scene was a hoot the first time around (and someone pointed out online that she still had her tag on), but I ignored it the next two times. And I don't like how messy she was with Candiace. Just more reason to believe that the Green Eyed Bandits set up Monique and Candiace. Yes, the fight is both of their faults, but the bandits worked with what was already there to push it to boiling point. I do hope they get called out at reunion. And the karma over IRS coming for Robyn. HA!!!

WENDY. Is that the hint of a storyline coming up? I would say good. Right now, Dr. Wendy has started to lean toward a miss. And like Karen before her, she definitely needs something to humanize her. Because her aliging with the Green Eyed Bandits...is not a good look for her. I love Ivy. So more of her, please. Good start. 

ASHLEY. She had me hollering in the first five minutes. And I LOVE her hair at the parade. She was the best humor magnet this episode. And I continue to like that she has Monique's back. And yes, her and Karen have come a loooooong way.

CANDIACE. Honestly? Darn. Robyn manipulated her good. As did her mother. 

MONIQUE. The stuff of what good soap is made of. She FINALLY calm down. She FINALLY saw where she was in the wrong. She FINALLY saw what she had to do. But...TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE...? since lawyers were on the way. Ugh. 

That said...I liked her scene. I understood where she was coming. And a lot of us have been saying what the pastor said to her last night. She has been under so much pressure. And we know why. And yes, she was still partly responsible for that. Part of the 'fun' of watching Monique now will be the journey to get to a better place. And I feel that she will get there. I love that Chris allowed her to get to a place where she would be able to hear what the pastor was saying too. He is a great husband. Pre-pandemic...and I might be oversharing a bit so I apologize...I have been on a bit of self discovery myself. I have suffered from self esteem issues, working hard to have a good life and come from a poor background. Over that time, I have had anger issues. Always trying to be the best and do the best and I while I would be the first to say I am not perfect, there is nothing more triggering than knowing no matter what you do as a black gay man you never seen to be good enough for your peers when you are a double minority. I have come a long way, but I felt it was time to better myself and feel more comfortable in my own skin. To follow my dreams in a way that I feel I've drop the ball on. It was part of the reason (those who read my RHOD posts here remember the other reasons) I left my job of eight years to put myself in a place to be focused on chasing my dreams. Then Co-Vid happened, and that made me look inward more. And now...it has been a matter of keeping balance in a world that as I get ready for work...has gone mad around me I feel. They say that when you feel pain is when you know it's time for a change so that's where my head is at at the moment and it is quite frustrating to keep it together which the world around you is losing it. So with that in mind, I felt that whole scene of Monique talking to her pastor. The person I would talk to in these trying times passed from a long battle of cancer in January and I discover this under lockdown started so I really feel those scenes. Navigating without one's sounding board is...new...to me. 

Okay, that was a little bit deeper than I meant it to be. lol Again, my apologies. 

It was a good episode.

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

I feel like she's pulling a page from Kenya's playbook and posting to still some thunder from them like Kenya did from RHOA during her off season.

Though tbf, 1)Vicki isn't wrong and 2) Kenya did it better.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

POTOMAC

Another great episode in what has been, so far, a stellar season. 

The focus on Karen this week was refreshing after the drama of the previous two weeks. I found Karen's return to her family farm moving. Those were lands on which her ancestors were slaves, which they now own and prosper from. Going to the church and seeing how emotional it made Karen, you get the impression the decline of her parents was brutal for her. 

The interaction between Ashley and Karen was interesting. They have certainly come a long way and both seems open to the other person. 

Gizelle is a mean, ugly hearted person. Her jealousy of all around her is palpable. 

Robyn's IRS tax issues are just...you couldn't make them up if you tried. 

Monique and Candiace. It is interesting to see Candiace's mother take the position she did when only a year ago Candiace accused her of hitting her with her purse. It is a shame that Candiace didn't get to hear Monique out, though I agree that I'd have pressed charges immediately. 

• Members

Another good episode of Potomac. 
I enjoyed most of it except for the Robyn and Juan scene. 
Finally watched the 3rd parts of NY and BH reunions. They really should go down to a one hour.

Vickis right about OC but she does have sour grapes. The new season looks terrible. 
I would have brought back the original cast for a season.

• Members

While Vicki is probably not wrong (Although I do think Emily has a lot of potential), it's hard to take Vicki seriously when she was a disaster last year, and her reunion appearance was horrific. She got herself fired, and she's the biggest hypocrite when it comes to Braunwyn. A modern marriage versus participating in a cancer scam? I know which one I would prefer. If anyone has the right to attack the show, it's Tamra who kept the show going the last few years with her pot stirring. 

• Members

NY 

Sometimes all one needs is a little bit of laughter and a lot of LuAnn. lol.

Finishing up the Mexico trip from this past season. And I loved that Sonja got her own little birthday party. 

And I knew that if anyone got up the next day for a set of hot trainers it would be Lu.

She did not disappoint. 

And I needed to laugh so God bless her.

Please register in order to view this content