Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

@Cat Those ratings are similar to like RHOP and higher than Dallas, but for OC it’s bad. Those shows are a lot less expensive as well. Typically OC averages around 1.5 million per episode and often is neck and neck with Dallas. If they keep dropping it won’t be good for them, especially as an aging and expensive franchise.

OC was always that show that despite the heavy salaries of some cast members, they didn’t have to heavily promote it and it still did really well in the ratings. It was like a reliable hit for Bravo. 

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I thought Dallas was regularly sub-1 million. I don't recall them ever being neck in neck with OC.

I'm not surprised the OC premiere did poorly. There have been so many people online saying they aren't watching this season because of the B Team and Racist Kelly Dodd. I am one of those people and did not watch at all, and didn't miss it.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

Wow. The ratings were extremely low for RHOC. I saw some of the Braunwyn stuff which looks compelling and engrossing. IT shows what the show can capable of providing, but I still don't want to give my time to this show. I don't have the energy or the interest to watch MAGA housewives when so many people are scared out of their minds with worry. 

The fans really irk me. They were all about getting rid of Tamra and Vicki after last season, but now they want them back. This is why Bravo never listens to fans, and it's why they refuse to make any significant changes to RHOBH. I don't think the ratings were down because of Vicki being gone since Vicki was sidelined last season. They were down because people were turned off by Kelly's mouth and racist attitudes, and many of us don't want to support MAGA people right now. Kelly is a prime example of letting your enemy hang herself--a lesson Monique should take to heart. I was in favor of Kelly last season, but her behavior during COVID and her MAGA racist stuff turned me right off. I don't want to waste my time watching a HW romance someone from FoxNews. As much as I think Emily is underrated, a big part of me would not feel comfortable watching her right now because I know she'd vote for someone who supports taking every possible right away from me.

Who knew Braunwyn would be getting the love this season while the fans turn on other housewives? 

Edited by chrisml

• Members

@chrisml Oh I absolutely think Tamra/Vicki being gone is why the ratings are down. No I don’t think Bravo was wrong to get rid of them, but you can’t get rid of your stars and not properly replace them. Right now the cast is full of D list housewives who they can’t really use to promote the show. 

• Members

OMG. I am so excited to discuss this because despite being an 'imperfect' RH franchise, and the lowest-rated, I have so much fondness for RHOD. I love the snooty southern society stuff, I love the Mama Dee and Jabot stuff, heck, I even liked Cary Deuber! Yes, you read right. I liked her self-deprecation in S3, and felt she was harshly targeted by Leeanne in S2. Also, Mark Deuber was Dallas's Jim Bellino and, as awful as that is, it is also perversely crazy to watch.

This is going to be hard to discuss because you need to finish watching the season! You thought the Guadalajara trip was nuts? Bangkok is INSANE. And so is the finale and reunion. As low-rated as RHOD is, this thread was hopping during the last few episodes of last season. There was controversy and people's opinions changed about some HWs.

Like you, I have leaned towards disliking Leeanne. I found her funny at times, but also violently intimidating to the others, using her frankly horrific childhood as an excuse for ongoing bad behaviour. She was also very wrapped up in being the OG of the show.

D'Andra and Leeanne are basically two sides of the same coin, as I've said before. They are both so fucked up by their mothers and childhoods. D'Andra was a coke addict for like a decade for crying out loud! They are both desperate for the adulation and attention that RHOD offers. Leeanne is a lot like a young Mama Dee in some ways and that's why D'Andra can't live with her/can't live without her. 

After watching this season, my feelings about Leeanne did shift and I felt empathy for her flawed self which is hard to explain. I also wonder if RHOD may regret getting rid of their Alpha dog. You may have a different view.

My strong STRONG dislike of Brandi continues unabated. She is the true sniper from the side IMO.

Funny how the election + pandemic + disingenuous Handmaid Coney Barrett changes and crystalizes our perspectives! 

Please register in order to view this content

Braunwyn's drama this year has amped way up. I appreciated the way she laid out the habits of her addiction in ep 1 which she did not want to acknowledge until now. The fact that she did it with Emily who called her out on it last year also made for an interesting dynamic. I think the few fans who watched responded to her authenticity.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Im not seeing the love that some of you had for OC. It was terrible. They got rid of Tamra ye made Kelly and Shannon's story heavily be about her, without her being there. Um okay. IA that Brawnwyn's material was the only semi interesting thing but not enough to keep me watching. Im gonna sit this season out

• Members

I don't know what Bravo was smoking when they got rid of the two most well known cast members of the show and continued with the B team. They should've rested OC until they could find an actual cast that pops. I still do not and will not ever understand how Emily and Gina are both on their third seasons. It is ABSURD.

• Members

re: Oc Ratings

I don't know if it was getting rid of Tamra and Vicki so much as the trailer being so dull. IF the trailer had been exciting, I think there would have been a stronger need to watch the show. The trailer was dud so it gave people a reason to tune out.  Granted, what could they possibly have done in the short time they had to film? The trips on OC were often the best parts of the show, and what are they going to do this season? A toilet paper run? When you couple that with Kelly's off screen shenanigans, I think people looked for excuses not to watch so many of the people who wanted Tamra and Vicki gone now backtracked. I was glad to see Vicki go, but I would have gotten rid of Shannon instead of Tamra. 

• Members

Ep 1 of OC had potential IMO and was well edited with nods to past seasons. However, like some of you, I think production will regret letting go of Tamra. She was an unapologetic team-divider and pot-stirrer and made their job easier. She was Shannon's BFF and Kelly's enemy, she knew Emily a long time and was busy manipulating a willing Gina. She probably knows Elizabeth! I also wanted to see how Eddie was doing. Anyhoo, if ratings continue on their current path, she could be back.

• Members

I just finished Leanne’s wedding on RHOD and I felt like watching Sheila Carter finally find happiness lol. Also side note: Tiffany appeared via flashback asking Rich to marry Leanne and of course she’s front row as one of her closest friends. I wonder why they dumped her. I thought she was great in season one. In general, the cast was perfect I thought. I get adding people, but they didn’t need to dump anybody. 

I loved seeing some of Leanne’s family after hearing her speak of them so much. It was especially dramatic and soapy wondering if he’d mother would show up considering their relationship. This was a total fairy tale soap villainess wedding! It’s crazy how much of a soap RHOD truly is. I find it so iconic that she did a five hour break between the wedding and reception and went to eat at SONIC knowing damn well there was no food at this reception!  

One thing I look forward to seeing in season five is Katy’s relationship with her husband. He seems perfectly reasonable and she’s so dismissive of him. For someone dependent on her husband for money that seems crazy! I wonder if they’ll still be fighting because they seem headed for divorce. 

Edited by Chris B

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Leeanne Locken = Sheila Carter is a PERFECT analogy. A villainess people feel sorry for. But who is also kind of crazy. And whose pride always leads to a fall.

And i don't think SheiAnne paid a penny on that wedding. Everything was negotiated to appear on the show for free in exchange for promotion. Hence why there was no food.

RHOD is probably the soapiest of all the RH shows, and I am OK with that. 

Edited by Cat

• Members

Granted you have fresh eyes and it's been a while since I've seen it, but I recall Kary coming in hot, making Cary's old-and-settled feud with LeeAnne her storyline from jump. THEN they tried to get along, but both kept looking for a moment to attack the other. So...I am going to have to repsectively and kindly say 'chance at first' is a no. lol.

That out of the way...WELCOME!!! lol. I always enjoy when other posters are playing catchup on a show and I'm living for your comments. So see RHOD from another perspective. 

I didn't like how dark Season 4 RHOD got. And I STILL need to sit down and watch the finale (saw the reunion...never again), but while the season and LeeAnne leaving was a bad taste in my mouth. I am at least curious to see how Season 5 will be. But like others have said and maybe because it's how we Southerners can be...it is very soapy at times. 

RE: Gizelle and Robyn

They went through all of this trouble to get Monique out of the group and now that Candiace is doing that they want to be all 'huh?' Really?

Rhoa real housewives of atlanta GIF - Find on GIFER

Re: OC  Yeah...there appeared to be a massive online SM campaign to boycott OC. I do wonder if it will work since fans tried to do the same thing on BELOW DECK MED post-Hannah leaving. People were more into hatewatching it by the time it ended and ratings did take a hit. EVENTUALLY. I'm also curious about next season's rating since SM already spoiled the people who fans want fired are BACK.

+ 1 on the bold.

As long as people still have LeeAnne's name on their lips like the Coven has LVP's name on theirs, I feel the producers will still miss her in some way. So their best revenge  (though I still like LeeAnne and continue to see her as ignorant) will be going into Season 5 is to not discuss or mention LeeAnne AT ALL. Turn the corner and make a new way.

I'm however NOT looking forward to the whitewashing of what Brandi did. She should have been right behind LeeAnne out the door. And speaking of someone not showing any remorse...well...