Farah Fath declares war on the message boards

• Members

I agree, Ann. OLTL has a lot of really poor actors and actresses, especially when it comes to the younger set. But then so much of the writing is over-the-top and so soapy that the acting company just hams it up even more. I think this show has serious problems, from production to acting, and why it's at the bottom of the ratings. There are some potentially decent stories, but RC is so busy pushing plot that he doesn't take time to mine the emotional beats of his stories. It always amazes me how some in the soap press keep pushing this show in our faces, when its storytelling is so lacking.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WORD! Every now and then, the people in this soap industry slip up and let us know that they think that the fans who are the customers of their product are dumb as a box of rocks. No wonder the storytelling is so bad on so many soaps. Well, they are busy writing themselves out of jobs and the soaps off the air so they won't have to worry about us annoying fans for much longer.

• Members

An actress doesn't do what Farah has done without incurring fan wrath, and justifiably so. Soaps live or die on the loyalty of their fans. What Farah should have done is take their criticism, gotten acting lessons and improved as an actress (if that's possible, which I'm not so sure of). The fans would have seen the improvement and embraced it, and her. I've seen it time and again, when green actors and actresses really learn their craft and improve, and fans respond. She missed a golden opportunity, and has hurt her reputation, such as it is, probably forever.

• Members

SOAPSFOREVER, good post. When Sharon Case was on GH and then started on Y&R, I thought she was a simply horrible actress. Years later, Sharon has shown major improvement. She is able to cry and emote. She is a solid soap actress who can shine in scenes with strong actors like Peter Bergman. FF has been in her chosen profession for over 10 years. I used to watch her on Days and don't see improvement. While Kirsten Storms like bellcurve pointed has improved as an actress.

• Members

Bellcurve, I would like to thank you and others for your hilarious posts. This has got to be the best thread since the New Year started.

As for Farah, I'm not surprise she's lashing out at fans who are sharing their opinions with others. Farah like it when you kiss up to her. She lives in this delusional world where she's supposedly this big star and she has the right to act like a complete diva. I've spoken to event coordinators for OLTL and I've NEVER heard anything nice about Farah. NEVER. I've also heard that she's gotten her "boyfriend," JPL to act like a mini Farah. LOL!

I love our posters. Farah can hate on you guys all day long, but she'll never become a decent actress if she cannot accept the fact that she need help in the acting department.

• Members

That just Robin.... she's not a bad actress, she's just not a "modern" actress. Her character is hammy and over the top, it's the way Dorian is supposed to be, she's a DIVA. Watch a B&W movie from the classic era, and you'll see a thousand actresses just like Strasser.

• Members

When Robin was Rachel on Another World she was amazing. She made all the right acting choices. Maybe it was the writing (Agnes Nixon, then for six months, Harding Lemay), or maybe she had really good directors, who pulled her back from her over-the-top tendencies. Granted, Dorian is supposed to be divia-ish, but Strasser plays her much too broadly all of the time IMHO. (Remember, the character of Dorian didn't start out this cartoonish; Robin's brought that to her, I think.) Also, look at "older" actresses like Susan Flannery. She makes amazing acting choices. She can play over-the-top, but then pull back and ground her character so that we care about her. Robin is too one note.

• Members

after being repeatedly bashed and trashed and its been pretty bad here. IA with those that said her biggest mistake was responding to it bc I feel its given people a reson to justify the nastiness and in fact get even worse with it. I think people were salivating over her myspace post bc of that and have taken it and run with it. The tit for tat and back and forth is tacky, disrepsectful and immature on both sides. Its a shame its come down to this.

• Members

Robin Strasser is my favourite soap actor of all time, but I have too admit she has been quite hammy lately. If you compare her present day scenes with her work from 80's/90's I find her to be much more subtle and powerful. I blame two things for this change in her

1) The directors. No one on soaps directs actors anymore.

2) Passions. Just because.

Archived