Farah Fath declares war on the message boards

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If she spent half as much time on her acting skills as she does making sure her lips are looking pouty anytime she's not speaking, she might be a wee bit decent.

She's much better as a supporting sidekick than the main lead. Sorry girlie but you'll always be Belle's not-as-cute sidekick to me.

• Members

Farah you should know that giving the message boards shout outs will only make them talk more sh!t about you! I don't think she's the best actress on the younger set, but she's not as bad as people say she is. I also think whenever a newer character gets front burner storyline almost every time, the internets tend to hate on them.

• Members

LOL that's the norm around here though, when it's someone posters don't like they gang up on that actor/actress and the people who like him or her

I don't think FF is that great of an actress, but she's sure better than she ever could have hoped to be on Days

• Members

Gigi was actually fairly popular here and elsewhere until somewhere around summer/fall 2008 when we got bad performances in a dual role followed by what was supposed to be serious conflict for Gigi and Rex brushed over in the blink of an eye for true love and ugly self-righteousness towards everyone around them. That was also when they started giving her the dramatic, meaty scenes which she can't play.

• Members
I'm sorry, but since when has anyone hated on Amanda Setton AKA Sharon Gabet 2010? Correction...anyone who hated who is worth a damn?

Exactly. At SON, when you are a minority in an overwhelming majority, you tend to feel the heat. I have over my love of B&B, Karen Harris(from Ann_SS/Sinclair), and plenty of other things. It comes with the territory.

If there's anything that I respect and admire, it's your fierce devotion to the couple you love, even though I vehemently hate them and will constantly let you know why I hate them, whether you want to hear it or not.

And P.S., I know it's your "damn" opinion. :D

Sadly, I don't think FF-ward has raised the bar for herself.

Kirsten Storms, as I previously mentioned, graduated from the same class Fath did and, even though Kiks is supporting and Fath is a lead, the story is still the same for them. Kiks slightly improved while Fath basically continues to cry and blame other people for her failures as an actress(REILLY! SON!). I HATED Kiks until I revisited her following GH's transition to HD. She has done quite nicely for herself, inadvertently becoming Lucy Coe 2.0. And Kiks is a bigger star, bigger name, and has grown into a bigger talent than I ever thought she would, even surpassing Ghoul Girl(who traded any semblance of talent into being a Bruce Willis fucktoy) and Mimi(who proves time and time again on One Life that she can't play a lead).

• Members

I've always been very skeptical of anyone claiming FF is a diva on the OLTL set. Despite this foolishness, for which she has no one but herself to blame, she generally seems very down to earth to me. Furthermore, Erika Slezak, who suffers absolutely no fools among the young people and has in the past killed many castmembers in the press with very, very carefully chosen "diplomatic" words, just gushes about her in her newsletter. If Fath was a nuisance I think Slezak's comments would be much more muted, as they seem to be, quite frankly, about Trevor St. John.

And while I agree Storms has blossomed at GH and I think she should be commended for improvement as an actress, I also heard that it was Storms who had real issues when she started at GH and was forced to clean up her act.

• Members

Farah Fath is loads better on OLTL than she was on Days. I can't speak for her acting during the Stacy Ate the Show era as I tuned out of that particular umbrella story, though.

From her MySpace message, she sounds incredibly pressurized. Sounds like ABC pulled the old "focus groups think u all suck" trick and that's why Clifton is getting laid off and Shane is going on recurring. Perhaps Adriana is destined for Rex again. Fath maybe sees her entire SL support crumbling and wonders if the writing is on the wall. Turning to the message boards for some hoped-for succor, she finds criticism and glee at her misfortune. So she lashed out. Which she shouldn't have done as this is going to make everything a lot worse. She is now drawing attention to the fact that a bunch of online fans do not really like her -- as opposed to going to Frons and Valentini and pointing to her fanbase as a way of shoring up her position at OLTL. Honestly, I feel rather sorry for her.

• Members

There does seem to be upheaval at work but then she and JPL both criticized this story, the Stacy story, to the press last year, so I would think they might be happy to move on to another plot. I guess if she knows that with Frons, women are much more likely to be moved to the backburner, or written out entirely, she might be worried.

• Members

Many of the comments here are hysterically funny. SON is so much better than TWOP when it comes to snark. My response to Farah Fath is, "it's a free country, feel free not to lurk here if your feelings are so easily hurt."

FF is a horrific dramatic actress and can barely squeak out a tear. I cringe whenever I see her on the screen. She is one of the many reasons that I can't get through one episode of OLTL. However, FF isn't alone. OLTL features tons of other bad actors including her significant other. None of these actors should be featured and OLTL is paying the price in quality and ratings. I place the blame squarely on RC, FV, and BF. They refuse to acknowledge the limitations of these actors and write to their strengths. Stop giving FF material that she cannot handle, same for horrible Bree Williamson. Write lighter fare for these actors. OLTL fired its sole younger talented actress, Kathy Brier. Hiring GT is a good first step to remedy the situation though goodness only knows why they would put Kelly with Todd. I also suggest that they woo Bitchy Bangs back with a huge offer.

• Members

Robin Strasser is one of the worst actresses on daytime today. She's over-the-top in most of her scenes and is emotionally dishonest in practically all of them. She's been overrated for years. Farah, in comparison, sleepwalks through most of her scenes. There's no emotion connection to the material. She's lucky to have a job. Instead of lashing out at the fans, take acting lessons and improve your craft. You may feel you're giving it your all, and maybe you are. But you have a long way to go in connecting to the material and the fans.

Archived