Y&R: Malcolm Winters Recast

Jeff

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Angie was one of my favorite TV theme songs. The lyrics are AWFUL, but somehow this makes them work, along with Melissa Manchester's vocals. Good cast too. Shame the show wasn't more popular. And then most of the actors involved never had big careers after that either...except Doris Roberts.

I still miss Debralee Scott.

• Members

You know, the theme song is absolutely right. "It's a rare condition in this day and age to read any good news on the newspaper page." And I sure didn't today on the Spoilers page.

Kristoff St. John and Eddie. I don't even want to deal with that scene. I know why MAB hired him as a "big name" though - because he was last known in the public consciousness as the voice of "Jazz" (you know, the black Transformer, because he likes jazz!) in Michael Bay's Transformers. Jazz had almost nothing to do and was, I think, the only Transformer killed off. And no one except geeks like me had any idea he was voiced by Eddie Winslow.

Thank God these people don't run OLTL, otherwise Reginald VelJohnson WOULD play Hank and Jo Marie Payton WOULD be Carla.

• Members

I'm LMAO at the thought of Eddie Winslow replacing the gorgeous Shemar Moore as Malcolm. Darius McCrary looks way too young to be believable as Christel Khalil's father. Age-wise, he seems more suited to be a grown-up Nate.

Does anyone remember the mid-1980s CBS sitcom "Charlie & Co."? Jaleel White and Kristoff St. John played brothers on that show.

BTW, Jaleel White is a million times hotter than Darius McCrary. A few years back, I totally thought Jaleel would've been awesome as a grown-up Nate, but now with an actor his age playing Malcolm I doubt that will happen.

• Members

Um, Darius isn't THAT much younger than Shemar. And holy [!@#$%^&*], I never realized that Devon was Richie.

I liked the first season of Family Matters, when Urkel wasn't the focus of the show. He wasn't even in the first few episodes.

• Members

So what? His body is his how he markets himself, just like Ryan Reynolds or Chris Evans or that Taylor Twilight guy, and probably a bunch of others I am not bothering to think of at the moment. Why didn't they recast him with that Marcus Patrick guy (ex of DOOL) or someone else who could compete with SM and be a respectable fill in? I guess the question is when filling Shemar Moore's shoes is it more important the guy can act or look good? I think this is very debatable given just how much Shemar Moore's looks set him apart from almost everyone else in daytime.

• Members

This is very easy guys: the recast has already failed and the guy hasn't even premiered. Don't you realize - this is the perfect scenario for MAB to say that it was Darius' fault or that the viewers don't like Malcolm. EVERYONE will be at fault except her. She is perfect (*barfs*).

Archived