Y&R: Malcolm Winters Recast

Jeff

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But he is more physically suited to the role than this new guy. Seriously, I don't know what TPTB are smoking right now. There are a million actors better suited to Malcolm purely on the looks front alone. Even that Marcus Patrick guy who is now more well known for his stripping than his acting is a closer match to Shemar.

Wait wait wait, this guy is supposed to be Lily Winters' biological father, right? The only reason I believed Khalil as Dru's daughter is because her father was more light skinned. This guy does not fit the bill at all.

Obviously I'll give him a chance and see how he does, but it does seem like they are shooting themselves in the foot by recasting Malcolm. What if Shemar ever decides he wants to pull a James Franco and drop into Y&R for a few months? Are we going to get a 'The Real Malcom Returns' promo? Soaps are stupid for recasting roles played by actors who have gone on to bigger things. It means they can never take advantage of a 'big return' and we're stuck with Claudia Zacchara all over again. Imagine if GH had recast Luke and Laura?

Next thing they'll be casting Drucilla with Wendy Raquel Robinson.

Anyone remember Pussycat Dolls present Girlicious? That contestant Charlye (who narrowly missed out on the band mainly because she was a bitch) tweets a lot about watching Y&R and tweeted this earlier:

Shemar was so recognizable in the role, and recasting prominent black roles like this is incredibly foolish on Y&R's part.

• Members

They going to recast Dru with Jennifer Beale. Watch & See!

Remember that black guy that use to be on Days. & people though he was going ot turn up as Julian & Eva child. I believe the character name was Tuck. He have to be the same age as DM.

Look at a brighter note at least they didn't take somebody else suggestion & hire that guy who played recast Chad from Passions. Remember yrfan talking about hiring the recast Chad as recast Malcolm.

• Members

I don't think he's wrong, lookswise. Yes he's dark skinned, but he has the same sex appeal and charisma that Shemar brought to the role. It's really no different than replacing a blonde actress with a redhead or brunette, IMO. So odd that Lily's father will now be younger than her husband. I really don't understand how this will work. How will he look next to Tonya Lee Williams? Malcolm/Olivia was probably his most remembered romantic pairing...how can you discount that? The whole reason Nate views him as a father is because of how deep his relationship with Olivia was. This is just very strange.

• Members

The sad part is... the IIC are prob high-fiving about this as we speak:

Hey there! MariaArenaBell is using Fritter.

MariaBell.jpg

so excited!!!! malcolm's coming home, kittens!!!!!!

about three hours ago from web

th_MariaBell.jpg

omgzzz i see dead people. Papa Bell came to me in a dream last nite

he's given me so many great ideas for new stories!!!!!!

it's like his hand is guiding mine

@BradleyBell: ur just jealous cuz we got Adrienne F!!!!! LOL!!!!!

@superYRfan: hey superYRfan. thanks for your message. i said malcolm, not shemar

@Y&Rrocks: thanks for your Freet. malcolm, not shemar

@NelBranc: nelson, ur so funny, it's like i'm doing one of your blind items! note use of word "malcolm." not "shemar" tee hee!!!!!!!

@BrianSexytimeFrons: malcolm. not shemar. for the last freakin time!

th_8117601.jpg

@MariaArenaBell: LOLOLOLOL. so that means shemar is available to pursue other projects on daytime.

th_MariaBell.jpg

@BrianSexytimeFrons: gasp.

@BrianSexytimeFrons: don't even think about it you little [!@#$%^&*].

th_8117601.jpg

@MariaArenaBell: LMFAO. yur so guillable.

th_MariaBell.jpg

@BrianSexytimeFrons: oh. i get it. LOLOLOLOLOL! abc doesn't do AA.

th_8117601.jpg

@MariaArenaBell: LOL

th_MariaBell.jpg

@BrianSexytimeFrons: LOL

th_shemarmooreec3.jpg

@MariaArenaBell: @BrianSexytimeFrons: the f*ck you two laughing about?????? Huh?

th_8117601.jpg

@MariaArenaBell: @ShemarMooreManThanUCanHandle! LOL. this one's yours, maria. bye xxxxxxx

th_MariaBell.jpg

@ShemarMooreManThanUCanHandle! shemar i can explain. i assumed with your PT career that you wouldn't be able to

@ShemarMooreManThanUCanHandle! f*ck! i hate it when Fritter cuts me off like

@ShemarMooreManThanUCanHandle! goddammit

@ShemarMooreManThanUCanHandle! as i was sayin dawg

@ShemarMooreManThanUCanHandle! we RLY need malcolm in story right now.

th_shemarmooreec3.jpg

@MariaArenaBell: it would have been nice to be asked. maybe we could have worked @ my sched

@MariaArenaBell: and i'm not ur dawg.

th_MariaBell.jpg

@ShemarMooreManThanUCanHandle! shemar, malcolm is gonna play into MAJOR story. heavy rotation. we would need u to commit for more than just a couple of days

@ShemarMooreManThanUCanHandle! story featuring Lily

th_ChristelKhalil2004L.jpg

@MariaArenaBell: omg! lol. wassup, bitch.

th_MariaBell.jpg

@ChristelKha: hey. uh, bitch. wassup!!!!

@ShemarMooreManThanUCanHandle! omg! shemar. LOLLOLOLOL! long time no see gorgeous!!! How r u sexy?

th_shemarmooreec3.jpg

@ChristelKha: hey babyface. how's my little girl? LOL

@ShemarMooreManThanUCanHandle! lolol. not so little. i'm married! lol but ur still at the top of my feebie list baby.

@ShemarMooreManThanUCanHandle! anytime, shemar. lolololololol

@ShemarMooreManThanUCanHandle! srsly. Any. TIME.

th_shemarmooreec3.jpg

@ChristelKha: uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. did u hear that yr is recasting me?

@ShemarMooreManThanUCanHandle! @MariaArenaBell: WHAT. THE F*CK.

@MariaArenaBell: the f*ck r u thinking?

th_MariaBell.jpg

@ChristelKha: uhhh. lol. c'mon, christel! lol. we'll talk about it @ the studio. u my bitch, girl!

@MariaArenaBell: did u, like, just call me a BITCH????? on Fritter?????

th_MariaBell.jpg

@ChristelKha: uhhh. friend-bitch, christel, not bitch-bitch! u still my girl, dawg!

@MariaArenaBell: who do you think u r? NeYo?

@MariaArenaBell: only SHEMAR can play Lily's REAL DADDY

@MariaArenaBell: and think of all the great scenes with shemar and daniel g!!!! they would rock the house together. worshipping lily and nursing her to health

@MariaArenaBell: this is like, like, a TOTAL INJUSTICE.

@MariaArenaBell: like the time u wanted me to do a scene and i was watching "Ellen"? SO UNFAIR

th_shemarmooreec3.jpg

@ChristelKha: TRUTH.

th_MariaBell.jpg

@ChristelKha: christel. we have somebody GREAT lined up to play malcolm.

@ChristelKha: Darius McCrary!!!! Isn't that awesum!!!!!!!!

@MariaArenaBell: who?

th_shemarmooreec3.jpg

th_MariaBell.jpg

@ChristelKha: @ShemarMooreManThanUCanHandle! Eddie Winslow on long-running ABC sitcom Family Matters!!!!

@BrianSexytimeFrons: suck on THAT, abc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

th_shemarmooreec3.jpg

@MariaArenaBell: him?!

th_8117601.jpg

@MariaArenaBell: LOLOLOLOL. ROTFLPIMP!!!!!! GREAT choice, maria!!!!!!!!!!!! perfect for y&r!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ShemarMooreManThanUCanHandle! shemar baby. i think you would find abcdaytime a v. accommodating place to be. call me sometime

@ChristelKha: u too christel. we would love for the both of you to become part of the abc family!!!

@ShemarMooreManThanUCanHandle! shemar, imagine. u could learn SO much at the knee of acting maestros like mo, stevie, thorsten and cam!!! the five of u would so rock the emmys!!!!!!!!!!

th_MariaBell.jpg

@BrianSexytimeFrons: for the love of.... brian, u do that again and i'll send paul out to tie u up and torture u with cigar burns you fu.....

th_mariaarenabell_paulrauch252.jpg

@MariaArenaBell: u rang?

@BrianSexytimeFrons: back off, sugar tits or i'll cut ur dick off and stuff ur balls down ur throat

th_shemarmooreec3.jpg

@MariaArenaBell: @BrianSexytimeFrons: @PaulRauchIsGOD y'all r fuckin certifiable.

@MariaArenaBell: @BrianSexytimeFrons: @PaulRauchIsGOD im sticking with PT and Len Moonves. even THAT crazy muthafucker a$$hole is easier to work for than u 3 loons.

@MariaArenaBell: consider yourself un-friended from my Fritter account. Dawg.

@BrianSexytimeFrons: and cam mathieson??? really?! jesus, brian!

th_MariaBell.jpg

@ShemarMooreManThanUCanHandle! shemar! shemar! hello? shemar?

th_8117601.jpg

@MariaArenaBell: LMAO. two words, maria. JAMES FRANCO. kthanxbye.

@MariaArenaBell: ok. bored now. LOLOLOLOLOLOL time to go watch "Ellen." her puppies r soooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!

th_MariaBell.jpg

@ChristelKha: "Ellen"?! f*ck, christel. freakin reality talk shows r gonna be the DEATH of daytime!!!

@ChristelKha: Christel? Christel? r u there?

@PaulRauchIsGOD: paul, make sure christel wears her bald cap properly today. her extensions were tumbling out of it last week. she looked like ZZ Top from behind.

@BarbaraBloom: barbie, no. shemar is not available for atwt. tell chris g he is NOT available!!!

@BillBellJr: hey bb. stressful day. gonna duck out to Chanel, mmm kay? tell hogan i'm out for the afternoon and to go ahead with that Ashley-Adam sex scene we talked about.

@BillBellJr: xxxxxxxxx luv u bb. logging off now

about two hours ago from web

• Members

How is he too young for the role? If I remember right Cady McClain was only ten years older than Jacob Young and as we know she played his mom.

I'll give him a chance to prove himself. I guess some would just rather write him off before he gets the chance to prove if he truly is right or wrong for the role

Archived