Y&R: Malcolm Winters Recast

Jeff

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cat, that's hilarious.

As for giving DM a chance, of course I'll give him a chance, but will the show? They have very little interest in black people. They at times seem to have outright hostility towards black people. The casting just seems like pure laziness.

As for Cady playing JY's mother, I don't think anyone noticed that because honestly, on some days, Grandma Walton may have looked too young to be JY's mother, and Dixie's return was so poorly written and so isolated, age was the last thing people probably focused on.

This just further babies and ages down CK's Lily. Which may have been the point.

• Members

OK. I'm completely speechless. I was out of town, so I don't have time to go through the comments, but this reminds me of ATWT's recasting the oh-so-beautiful Alison Taylor-Rice with Susan Batten. (It got so bad fans sent dog food to ATWT! I thought that was a bit much and cruel.) However, SM was schedule to play a short-term role on Y&R, but he caught on like wildfire -- for good reason. This is truly sad. I guess my boycott will continue. (BTW -- After seeing the still handsome and manly Peter Parros on ATWT recently, I have to wonder why THAT man isn't on TV.)

• Members

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! This is too funny!

Don't forget that Y&R's obsession with former Family Matters actors goes back before Bryton. Remember the late beauty Michelle Thomas who played Callie on Y&R and Myra Monkhouse on Family Matters?

• Members

They never recast like this without doing lots of reads and tests. Particularly chem-tests with possible romantic co-stars.

Who do you think they chem-tested Malcolm with? Phyllis? (for history's sake). Mackenzie? (She's sort of free now, on the romantic side. Although I keep hoping they'll save her for JT). Chloe? ('cause this Chance thing isn't going anywhere). I'd ask about Roxanne, but she's not on contract.

Given how much younger they have made Malcolm, this lends some credence (to me) to the spumor that Renee Elise Goldsberry is going to be the recast Dru.

Archived