The Politics Thread

• Members

Various agencies have been 'investigating' Hillary for 20+ years. That dog won't hunt. And I don't think Trump stands a chance in the general election or against Hillary (she's much better when it's not her own party), but I also don't think it should get that far. I do worry about if Sanders had to face him. I think he's a good man but I frankly don't think Sanders or his organization has any concept of what going the distance will require.

Rubio is still a joke - Hillary would take him apart.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Isn't that the truth. He has now stooped to Trump's level. He was already a clown with all the Christie smack down he got in the debate. Rubio sounded like a broken record with nothing valid to say and now he is talking about Trump's wet pants…shakes head.

• Members

I think Carson has forgotten himself as much as he seems like he's asleep during the debates. 

Not surprised that Christie has latched onto Donald. He's the first but he surely won't be the last. I expect many more of them to eat their words and kiss Donald's ass in hopes of landing a job in his Cabinet if he was to win. 

All I know is that Hilary or Bernie better win come Nov b/c I am packing up and leaving if Donald wins. At this point, I think the two need to grin and bear it and run on a joint ticket b/c it might take both of them to defeat Donald. The Castro brother who is rumored to be Hilary's running mate can take a position as Secretary of State and be groomed from there IMO. 

• Members

A female on CNN is finally telling it like it is. Rubio is acting childish with his comments against Trump and its not helping his campaign. That he and Trump are trying to up one another and something about it going as far as taking about their mommas….LMAO!

• Members

I agree that HRC will probably win against anyone of the Republicans, but I'm not going to get overconfident about it. The Republicans were pretty confident (in some cases haughtily so) that Trump was just a circus clown and here we stand. I hope to hell HRC isn't getting overconfident either.

And yes, she's been investigated for 20 years because she and her husband keep acting like the rules (and in some cases the laws) don't apply to them. It's an ongoing problem. I can support them and still recognize that self evident truth.

Like I've said before, no drama Obama has been a breath of fresh air after the endless Clinton scandals. If there's any good news it's that people probably don't care about Bill's sex life since leaving office or maybe that's just my wishful thinking. *fingers crossed*

• Members

It's not that I don't think there's fire behind some of the smoke in those allegations. It's that I don't think it will ever amount to anything.

My biggest concern about Hillary is that she purges or hopefully already has purged some of the counterproductive, dramatic loyalists in her team who tanked her in 2008 (along with Obama's incredible discipline and campaign). You can't handle someone like Trump without focus. You have to know how and when to hit back. He is an idiot but he's also a juggernaut. I don't believe Bernie Sanders could handle it.

Edited by Vee

• Members

^

That's my fear with Hilary--that she won't hit back in due time and will come off as a whimpering, weak woman to the media and voters instead of fighter she truly is. Hilary needs to do her best to stay on Trump's back and call him out on all his sh-t. Especially, how he stayed donating money to them for years prior. 

• Members

I hope she is too. I don't think Donald will win as he'll need Latinos or African Americans to win, but it can happen. Especially, if Donald mind f-cks her out of her position. Hilary already has an uphill battle after she beats Bernie b/c she'll need to gain back the youth vote (my peers), who are strongly supporting Bernie. This is why I hope Bernie post losing will quickly endorse Hillary and sway his voters to still vote and vote for Hillary. But this is why I feel like Hillary might wanna consider running a joint ticket with Bernie. Their ideologies may be differ but they can find a nice medium and ban together to bring down Donald. 

• Members

Given that after the narrow Iowa "win" there was so much talk of her leaning on old advisers again, and being close to pushing out that Mook guy who apparently just about singlehandedly caused her to do as well in Iowa as she did, I'd say that's a real worry. 

As for Trump, I think a lot of Democrats may end up voting for him, in large part because of his personality and his opposition to trade deals.

• Members

A joint ticket won't work. The whole point of a vice president is to have backup incase something happens to the POTUS. Also VP candidates should be someone who can reach out to other demographics and someone who can then run for president when the time comes.

Plus the Berniacs would never accept it. They've convinced themselves that Hillary is a murdering she-devil who makes coats from dalmatian puppies.