The Politics Thread

• Members

Lol....man poor Jeb. I mean what can you say except "momma knows best"? 

The old battleaxe Barbara knew ages ago that the country (and especially the Republican electorate) wouldn't be able to stomach yet another Bush candidacy for POTUS. Jeb should have listened to his mom and just avoided all this embarrassment and shame. Then again who knows. It may have delayed Marco Rubios rise just long enough so that we get Clinton versus Trump or Cruz....

If it's Rubio the Democrats are in big trouble....much as I love Hillary I have a bad feeling the trustworthiness factor may kill her with independents. Especially against that innocent baby faced senator....

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This!  Feel the same way about him. I mean why the big hoopla about him when he hasn't even won a state. Finishing 3rd and 2nd doesn't make a winner. He won't win and won't even come close. It is unfortunate it will be Trump the nominee…how sad.

I liked Jeb. He is the most likable of all of his family but the republicans are sick of the Bush's.

• Members

Rubio is a good boy and will regurgitate most anything the RNC tells him. That doesn't make a president, though. He's just not ready. He may be thought of as "establishment," but his views on a lot of the core issues is close to Cruz and and some Trump. Hell, he can't even make it to his regular job! LOL

As to the Democrats, I am sick of Bernie's disciples. At least online, they are a nasty bunch. I have read so many of his fans say they won't vote in November if Clinton is the nominee. They truly think we'll "get the type of government we deserve" if we don't blindly love their man like they do. His famous disciples are no better. Susan Sarandon got in Delores Huerta's face at the NV caucus and harassed Clinton supporters.  https://vid.me/MOGL

• Members

I like Bernie, but that is crazy.  The way I see it the next president is mostly going to be playing defense anyway. Congress is completely hostile. I'm just hoping we can stop the Republicans from completely obliterating women's rights and trampling on the poor.

That's why I'm not too fired up about which democrat wins. HRC and Bernie voted the same 94% of the time when they were in congress anyhow. If anything I'm hoping Bernie won't hang on too long when it becomes clear he won't win. HRC needs to save her money for the general election.  People have been telling me since last fall he isn't a threat, yet here we are.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

I agree with all of this. If there is an issue he believes in and the majority don't want it he drops it…imagine a President like him on board….LOL….He is delusional if he thinks he is going to get the nomination. As a good friend of mine says though…he is the best of the three evils…LOL….Trump and Cruz being the other two.

• Members

It's something that is typically said - a lot of Hillary backers said it in 2008 (leading to PUMA), but the problem is a lot of the people saying it this year probably don't vote that often. Then again, they probably wouldn't turn out for Bernie by November either. 

While I don't think Huerta was involved in any conspiracy, as some do, I do think that Hillary's surrogates often end up undermining her and causing unnecessary bitterness. Until all this started I had no idea she was involved in spreading what seemed to be false claims about Obama in 2008:

http://www.democracynow.org/2008/2/1/democratic_presidential_nomination_could_hinge_on

• Members

After the Sanders mob went after John Lewis I just quit. I don't engage with them anymore, even the ones who are friends of mine. It's talk to the hand the moment Sanders' name comes up. I've unfollowed all of them and some of my fellow Hillary voters because I just need to keep the toxicity out of my news feeds.

The Bernie or Bust folks are every bit as ignorant, nihilistic and vicious as the tea party. I just hope that when this election is over they fade back into the woodwork and don't become a permanent fixture like the tea party has.

• Members

I thought Dole's main emphasis was getting rid of Cruz (politically speaking).

Speaking of Cruz, his inherent nastiness is taking an increasingly heavy toll on his campaign. This should have been his year, in many ways, and he's been running for President as long as Marco has. He's just so smarmy, unpleasant, and smug that it's easy to believe the worst of him (his wife going around talking about how with Ted you see the face of God, or whatever, and his father being a nutjob doesn't help). His antics are also the main reason Ben Carson is still around, sapping away at crucial support.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/ted-cruz-marco-rubio-2016-219645

• Members

My favorite part was when Trump shouted out "I love the poorly educated." :ph34r: He got the same percent of voters with college degrees and Cruz and Rubio, but it was still a priceless line.

I completely agree with this Vox analysis of who is really voting for Trump.

http://www.vox.com/2016/2/23/11099644/trump-support-authoritarianism

The short answer is those with authoritarian values and the fearful, it's a good read if you have time though.