Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Rubio is Mitt Romney all over again. He's lacking both in substance and charisma.

If Trump gets the nomination, the electoral math just isn't there for him to win. He's alienated every group that anyone would need to win. I am curious whether he would be good for turnout or bad. I was talking with someone who says he think that Trump on the ticket would make a lot of moderates sit home but at the same time I wonder if he's motivating white nationalists who haven't voted in the past to come out. Of course he's definitely going to increase Latino turnout and he's already driven away a generation of potential Latino voters.

As for SCOTUS, this blockade has the potential to take down my senator, Rob Portman, who is already quite vulnerable and selfish as it is that would make it all worth it for me.

• Members

White nationalists.  I can't believe it's come to this. Chris Christie has endorsed Trump. Is this real life? I'm hoping at the very least Rubio and Cruz can bleed Trump a bit. They are certainly trying their best. I'm back to being completely team HRC because I don't believe that Sanders can take on Trump. HRC knows how to take a punch and that's what it's going to take to go against Trump.

• Members

Kasich is my governor. Do not be fooled. The difference is that Kasich doesn't say horrible things. Instead he just quietly does them. Unfortunately I've all but given up on the media ever taking a hard look at this zealot and seeing the damage he's done to Ohio. He and his cronies decided to rig the data on failing charter schools in order to keep the cash grab going. Ohio's school rankings have plummeted under him.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/09/03/ohio-department-education-records-release.html

He's an utter zealot when it comes to reproductive rights.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/07/wolf-sheeps-clothing-gov-kasichs-reproductive-rights-record

He's jumped on the defund Planned Parenthood bandwagon. He's also cut funding for domestic violence programs and for programs to reduce infant mortality even though Ohio has one of the worst infant mortality rates in the country. (45 out of 50) He signed a bill that cut funding for rape crisis centers if they even mention abortion. He's stacked the state medical board with his right to life cronies even though many of them have no medical experience.

Also under his administration, Ohio remains at the bottom of job creation rates.

http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index.ssf/2014/01/dismal_numbers_on_ohio_job_gro.html

• Members

He's term limited in New Jersey so he's gone completely. 

As for Rubio it's half him and half anybody but Trump. Rubio is Hispanic, young, delivers an impeccable speech, and has an amazing personal story.

The Republican leaders couldn't have designed a better candidate to take on HRC than Rubio in their labs. That being said he's also proven himself to be a robot. He's also got the water and sweating problem. He's also a choker as da Donald has pointed out. 

I'm continue to be amused at how petulant Chris Christie is.....all because Rubios super PAC dumped millions in NH to stop his rise in the polls there Christie will NEVER forgive him.

• Members

I think Trump will win and that Kasich is still the least of the evils, followed by Carson. It's like talking about which soap is the worst, a race to the bottom. Except in this case the consequences are real. Picking someone as the least evil doesn't mean they are in any way good.  It just means that Kasich isn't trying to ban an entire religion and (probably) won't nuke anyone.

The real problem here is that HRC is vulnerable. Who knows what this FBI investigation will turn up? It's always something with the Clintons. Sure, some of it is BS, but there is often enough something real in the mix.  I love them, but it's true. Meanwhile, Bernie is 74 years old and I just don't think he can handle what Trump will throw at him. I dread the pure misogyny that's going to come crawling out the woodwork when it's Trump vs. HRC though.

• Members

Trump having Christie endorse him today, when Marco's most positive media cycle yet was just starting, was very very clever. It also shows you how opportunistic Christie is - this is a man who was slowly coughed up the ladder by Rove-type acolytes, and he is now betraying all of that in an instant.

I used to always say Trump would not win the nomination. I still don't know if he will, but I'm at a point now where if he does, I think he has a big chance of winning the GE. Hillary continues to be awkward when confronted, and that's all that Trump does - confront confront confront. And a lot of people eat that sh!t up.