The Politics Thread

• Members

I don't really blame him. I don't really want to believe that so many of my fellow American's are falling for this Authoritarian insanity either.

Has anyone seen Trump's number's among Hispanics? I'm just curious about how things shook out among that demographic.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Rubio was just on CBS being interviewed and said he wasn't going to leave the race. Rubio hasn't won one state. He said the polls in Florida are wrong….LOL. I can't wait to see his face if Donald beats him in his home state. I am sure Cruz is relieved that Trump didn't beat him in Texas. I was surprised Cruz won Oklahoma and not Trump. 

Rubio once again repeating himself on ABC now….LOL

• Members

I loved Trump's press conference.   That ballroom with the Versaille walls and chandeliers, only Trump would hold a press conference there.   And his sidekick Christie looks so terrible standing next to Trump.   Trump actually made one really good point:   Hillary has been around Washington a long time, if the shrinking middle class was a problem why didn't she do something about it years ago?   Now of course she individually can't do anything about it but she is a charter member of the elite establishment that set policies these last 25 years. 

Cruz I truly despise.   His slow motion con man talk, that folksy insincere BS accent, the way he stresses words for dramatic effect...how his wife even married him I have no idea.

• Members

Yes. I swear he is a wanna be televangelist with the way he talks. It's maddening. This Chris Christie stuff is mind blowing. I can hardly believe my eyes. I guess it's not surprising, he's always been a mean spirited person.

@Soapsuds I agree with you that Rubio is cooked. As S.E Cupp said awhile ago on CNN, if nothing else this is democracy at work. No one can claim that the party establishment controlled this outcome as hard as they tried.

• Members

I'd vote for Trump over Cruz any day of the week.    In the rumored NY Times story is to be believed, Trump doesn't even believe half the things he says.    The KKK thing is I think him assuming southerners are racist and he wants votes.  I don't blame him for thinking the south is filled with KKK.    Cruz, Rubio...the moment a politician starts with the bible BS, they have anti-appeal to me.  

• Members

If we have so much respect in the world then why is Iran kidnapping our soldiers left and right? Why is Assad still in power? Why is Vladimir Putin to this day still in Crimea?

The president has made America very weak or at least average in the world. 

And yes your oversimplifying as is your wont. You'll note that I did say there's a component to trump that is based in hatred and fear. I just know from personal experience that it's not the be all end all for everyone supporting trump.

theres plenty of non-racist intelligent people who like his ideas and concepts. 

Thank God Hillary won Massachusetts. Talk about a baseball bat to the "revolution"....

I HATE Brian Williams and tonight just confirmed it. His interview with that lady who resigned from the DNC. As per standing MSNBC orders he said you're up against the DNC/Hillary Clinton machine.

first off please stop with the conspiracy theories. The DNC is not officially supporting Hillary Clinton nor have they done anything to overtly tip the scales in her favor. She's an excellent debater and more debates would have only helped her. So really Williams can kiss my black a$$. 

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

Please explain your grand plan to deal with Syria, Iran and Russia; I suspect it will be Donald Trump's, vague and nonsensical. You are a right wing apologist and we both know it.

Another thrilling Trump talking point from one of the millions of unthinking sheep who follow him. 

Edited by Vee

• Members

I saw it. I'm in the anyone but Trump side of this fence, but it was funny.

Q- My husband agrees with you that Cruz is worse than Trump.  I actually agree that Trump doesn't believe some of what he's saying. He fell into this authoritarian movement, but I don't think that makes him any less dangerous.

• Members

The danger is that Trump has already begun modulating his message in his victory speech - trying to appear like a reasonable moderate to the middle of the electorate. He believes in nothing but himself and until we can gauge him head to head with a Democrat we have to assume he can be extremely dangerous up close if people don't take him seriously. Which fortunately Hillary is, and so must we all.

• Members

I imagine various reporters literally masturbated on-air when Marco won Minnesota. 

This surprisingly lucid (for The Fix) article basically says - look how that worked out for Mondale.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/03/01/marco-rubios-horrible-terrible-not-at-all-super-tuesday/

I saw a poll earlier today that has even Ted Cruz beating Hillary. She beat Trump, but not Cruz or Rubio. That is sobering, because this is before the attacks on her really start. She's going to have to be dragged across the finish line and with her mediocre strategists and the media hostility toward her, I don't know if I see it happening.