Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Mitt Romney is no giant, but compared to the current crew he looks like the second coming of Winston Churchill.   He actually speaks in complete sentences, doesn't scream, doesn't hurl grade school insults, and doesn't throw in Jesus every other word.    Even though he is as fake as can be--I wonder if he ever caught those varmints he was hunting--I would take him over this current crop.   He should get in the race to take even a single state away from Trump if possible.  I actually agree with him in that everyone should vote for Rubio in FL, then vote for Kasich in OH, and so on.   Cruz has it completely wrong:  this is not the time for everyone to get out, it is the time for everyone to get in.   Trump only has about 1/5 the delegates he needs, and every state counts.  If Romney could have gotten in in time to take Michigan or something, and everyone takes a state here or there, Trump won't cross the finish line.

The other thing Romney should do is declare he is running as a third party if Trump is the nominee and invite all the real republicans to vote for him.   It's a shame he has such disdain for Hillary, because that is weakening his "Trump must be stopped" message.

• Members

Mitt has always come off as a stuck up privilege man. I never liked him. Trump supported him in his campaign and now he is dissing him. Imagine had Trump not supported him….LOL

On a superficial note…Romney sure looks good at 68…..his offspring Matt I believe looks just like him too….

• Members

This is all very interesting. Trump needs 1,237 delegates to get the nomination and Mitt's strategy of everyone voting for other candidates to prevent this from happening is interesting and could work. I am watching CNN now and the commentators mentioned that Mitt and his advisors are exploring trying to block Trump at the convention and deny him the nomination. They also discussed the possibility of Mitt running as a third candidate to take away some votes from Trump. If that happened though that would hurt Trump, but I think that could also help Hillary. I don't see enough people voting for Mitt or someone else as a third candidate to help that person become president. But I guess that maybe Mitt's and other republicans like him main goal is or may end up being to stop Trump at all costs. Even if that may mean helping Hillary win the presidency. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I don't think Romney owes any loyalty to a man who has disparaged women and Mexicans and "played footsie" with the Klan. Trump knew exactly what he was doing when he failed to completely denounce that terrorist organization. It was a little wink and a nod. He might as well have said "Sure, I'm going to have to give the press lip service at some point, but I'm your guy".  Does he mean it? It doesn't matter. He is egging these people on and helping to normalizing all kinds of hatred.

I will agree it's a slap in the face to democracy if he clearly wins the delegates and Romney (or anyone) somehow takes the nomination. Still, if those are the rules, it will only make it easier for HRC to win. I'd rather see a third party run by Romney which would have the same result.

• Members

The Republican race is more interesting watch than all 4 soaps left combined. Debate tonight…and I missed the 2 CNN commentators go at it the other night but they kept replaying it yesterday. I do wonder if Mitt would make any difference if he runs against Trump and Hillary.

• Members

Yeah, in the end all it really is going to do is help Hillary win the presidency, which I am fine with, lol. I don't see Romney or any third party securing enough votes to take the presidency from both Donald and Hillary. Plus, if Mitt and other republicans deny Trump the nomination like they are thinking about doing, that is going to anger a lot of people who intend to vote for Trump. They were discussing tonight on CNN how people are turning out in record numbers due to him, and if they feel like Mitt/the other republicans are trying to oust him, they may turn away from the Republican party. So Mitt's plans could backfire on the party in that way. But maybe he and some of the other republicans who are willing to bite that bullet.

They may come to the conclusion in the end it's better to have Hillary as president (even though they may not say this aloud) than to have Trump win it. Maybe they are willing for this to happen and intend to regroup and try and take back the presidency after her first term concludes. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I think many of them - too many - are going to do what others have done, throw up their hands and fall in line behind the nominee out of fear - fear of losing the base altogether, fear of them turning on the establishment. I don't think many of them will dare advocate voting for Hillary, though they may do so privately. She is too much of a legendary hate figure for their voters. The GOP has bred a lemming-like loyalty into many of their rank and file politicians, and I think one by one they will all fall on their sword for Trump while hating themselves for it because they are frightened of their base and they have no concept of what the alternative could look or feel like or where it will leave them after.

• Members

Hillary thrives on having secrets, I can think of no other reason.   I think Ollie's mother from ARROW might have been partially inspired by her.   This scandal looks like some others: the Clintons will come away smiling and someone else will go to jail.   They can't help it, it is just in their DNA to have secrets and angles.