Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Fox and co. are out to kill Trump tonight. He's having a rough time, for once. These idiots can't put him down but he's definitely off-balance. I'm not convinced his base will care at all, but the important thing is this is a lesson in how to rattle him.

• Members

They were really going at Donald tonight. He did seem flustered during tonight's debate at times, when Rubio/Cruz were taking turns attacking him. Then Fox showed the video of him constantly changing his views interview  in some cases, within days of each other. They were really trying to take him down.

Edited by xtr

• Members

He is bobbing and weaving trying to avoid answering any actual policy questions. Then he said the military "will do what I tell them" re: illegal orders.

Again, his base may or may not care (I doubt it) but this is how you take him apart nationally. If he even has any play beyond the GOP base.

Edited by Vee

• Members

They have shown a blueprint on how to deal with him. Just bring up all the stuff he has changed his mind on and attack him. I do think that a lot of times he says what he wants people to hear at any given moment. But I also think he is actually willing to compromise on some things and isn't as stringent on some issues like social security, and planned parenthood, healthcare. But I think one of the biggest reasons he constantly changes his minds on issues, is he really wants to appeal to as many people in the Republican party. I think he is trying to sound "tougher" on issues, to try and present himself as an ideal Republican candidate. He hasn't presented himself like someone like  Ted Cruz  has, in a "very far right, hard-nosed, I am sticking completely to my guns and have been since the beginning type of way." 

Trump constantly changing his opinion on several issues, has finally caught up to him tonight. I actually don't think he sounds bad on issues like the trade/business issues, but he was hurting tonight when they were talking about different policies, including foreign policy.

I thought that John Kasich came off the best during tonight's debate, but I'm not sure it may make that much difference. I think that the race may be too far gone, for him to catch up and gain enough support to really make a big difference for him. I still don't care for Ted Cruz, and think he is the worst candidate left. I just don't find really much about him that is sincere, and I think if he was president he would really hurt a lot of groups of people. I think that others including Trump would accomplish more positive things if there were elected than Cruz would. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Bill Clinton is about a mile from me. That wouldn't be a big deal if I lived in a big city, but it seems so odd to me that he's come to this tiny Omaha neighborhood near me, instead of downtown. Gotta love that this video showing people waiting in line features one of those "free help clinics" that try to scam women who want an abortion.

https://twitter.com/LaurenScottTV

• Members

It's bewildering to me to hear some Bernie fans say things like, "She didn't really win in any non-Southern states - she tied or they were rigged for her," or, "Winning in the South doesn't count because we won't win those in November." They seem to forget that the same thing was said about Obama in 2008. 

And then there's this, which just makes what should be criticized turn into extreme self-parody:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2016/03/04/bernie-supporters-call-for-revote-arrest-bill-clinton-for-mass-poll-controversy/Pv8tAZ8yGvXacdVBxEsvdJ/story.html

Edited by DRW50

• Members

After hitting Hillary relentlessly on her support for free trade, Sanders wins Michigan in an upset. 

While it doesn't change the result long term (Hillary will still win the nomination), it makes me even more nervous about what someone like Trump will do in November. He could easily use the same lines and win Michigan.

• Members

^ Yeah, we just have to hope that the majority of voters are too smart for fall for Trump's shtick. With any luck the media will turn on him when it's a one on one race and start reporting more on his dirty dealings and start fact checking his claims more rigorously.  I do worry that HRC's camp thinks they are just going to wipe the floor with Trump instead of taking him seriously.