The Politics Thread

• Members

Take this with a grain of salt, but looks like there's a new poll showing Rubio now in 3rd place in my great state of FL.  :lol:  Let me tell y'all, the man and his PAC have been running ads out the ass for the last two weeks.  Every news program leads with where he has gone begging for votes.  He's desperate.  Rubio has done exactly NOTHING for FL since they elected him a few years ago.  NOTHING.  And now he comes sniffing around for votes.  Typical.

As much as I can't stand Trump, I hope he wins handily tomorrow.

I'm really torn between Bernie and HRC.  I always thought that I'd be voting for her, but Bernie has really captured my attention and imagination.  We'll see what happens tomorrow afternoon, cuz this will be a game time decision for me for sure.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

For all those who claimed that Obama was weak for saying that going into Syria would be very complicated, while saying that Putin was strong for bulldozing his way in.

That Obama was playing Checkers while Putin was supposed playing Chess.  Well, I got your Checkers!

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-russia-pullout-idUSKCN0WG23C?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=twitter

Putin wants to put a "Mission Accomplished" spin on this withdrawal but it isn't any more "Mission Accomplished" than it was went Bush said it in Iraq.:rolleyes:

@DRW50 Thanks for finding that clip, especially since I now realize that I didn't see the entire Cold Opening.  So funny!:lol:

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

you know, all the media is being lumped in together. but, IMO, CNN, MSNBC & FN are mostly responsible for this jerk rising into national prominence. how many months has it been since the the only thing they reported with smiles on their faces is how well Trump is doing? how much tv time has he gotten for free while every other candidate has barely been on tv national news up until now? and NOW those same people (Morning Joe, FN, most of CNN) are now acting shocked that all this is happening. Internet news sites have been reporting on it for weeks now. Ratings have trumped journalism and this is the end result IMO. 

• Members

There's definitely some truth to that.  I don't think that they've given him a free pass by any stretch, but they have provided a lot of free press to the man. 

That being said, the media are not casting votes for The Donald and they haven't convinced me to vote for him.  

Election Day in Florida...

• Members

Politico on Trump's thuggish campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, whose assault on Michelle Fields prompted the ongoing Breitbart implosion (two more staffers have resigned on top of Fields and Ben Shapiro). Other members of Team Trump have attempted a coup.

• Members

I knew and said all along Marco Rubio had zero shot.    He has had zero shot since he gulped water on TV.   Ted Cruz has zero shot.  Trump theoretically should have zero shot but I am not 100% sure of that in a matchup against Hillary.    Hopefully this is the end of Marco Rubio, and we never have to hear his pre-programmed nonsense again.

• Members

He absolutely has a shot. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to remember how he had "no shot" at the nomination six months ago. I imagine he's going to stop talking about the scary Mexicans, denounce the Klan (wink wink) when asked and start showing Ivanka off a little more. "I love women! Look at my daughter"! The Muslims will be the scapegoats. We just have to hope that not enough people fall for it, even though more people than I ever imagined are already falling for it.