Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

^Yup, I read about the whole thing when it first occurred.  The only thing I didn't know about were the divisions between Dawson and Ferrera.  Makes me wonder whether this is emblematic of a growing schism within the Latino community or is it just relegated to certain highly politically active individuals?

I have know of two people both Puerto Rican who support different candidates- one HRC, the other Bernie Sanders.  The one who supports HRC only yesterday mentioned someone unfriending him on Social Media and I'm pretty sure it is due to his oblique criticisms of Sanders' policies.  I haven't asked who it is but it makes me wonder whether it is the friend who is a Sanders supporter (lol).

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

It's still amazing to me how Trump is the GOP front-runner.  The media's take on his "being an outsider" is not the only driving factor here, as he is getting the majority of votes in the primaries.  

Have evangelicals embraced him?  Why?  How?  I just can't get my head around it to save my life.

I can say, if Trump was running on the Democratic ticket, I would be voting "R"s down the ballot.

• Members

I can't either. This whole thing becomes more insane by the day. Now he's saying he wants to ban abortion and punish women who seek out illegal treatment. I'm sure that does appeal to Christian extremists.  I've seen some people saying that Trump doesn't really want the nomination, which is why he keeps saying more outrageous things every day. I don't buy that at all. I think he does want the power and isn't in it just to build is brand or whatever.

What really annoys me is that even though he's not likely to win, he's damaged our country while lining his own pockets.

• Members

I am inclined to agree with one of his former staffers who wrote something for xojane - he never intended this to go this far but his ego and pride won't let him stop. He's loving it too much. He has no real interest in the responsibility, he just loves the attention and prestige.

And now, he's babbling about an abortion ban and "punishment" for women.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I also thought this in the very beginning of his campaign but now I'm not sure whether he actually believes he can pull this off, the nomination at least.

Trump's success on the campaign trail is an indictment of America's political system, its media and yes, the populace that insists on scapegoating immigrants and people who are perceived as being 'different' for the society's (i.e. their own) ills.