• Members

I came across this on Twitter and knew I had to post this somewhere!:lol:

“…. and I’m pursuing a giant penis with a Donald Trump mask….”

Greatest intro *ever* to a documentary (C4 in UK) pic.twitter.com/GrhWk5Nm50

— TheObamaDiary.com (@TheObamaDiary) March 31, 2016 

That's a very apt description.  B)

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I just can't understand how anyone takes this SOB seriously.  I may not like Cruz or Rubio, but at least I could see how some people might agree with them, but Trump is just so off the wall.  I hate to sound like an elitist, but I feel like he's exposing the idiocy in our country. I never would have believed that so many people could be so g-damn stupid.

It really gets my goat when people blame the poor for Trump's rise. I'm seeing that more and more on Facebook. It's not only the poor and uneducated who fall for authoritarianism. The very source of this debacle is a billionaire with an elite education, but let's blame the "trailer trash".

• Members

The true source I believe is the republican party when they declared war on education and portrayed anyone with teeth and shoes as Northeast elitist snobs.   Then you get "Freedom Fries", a fast food for idiots if ever there was one, and then you get Sarah Palin, Joe The Plumber, Michelle Bachmann, that woman from Nevada, the one who thought she was a witch, the guy who felt rape victims couldn't get pregnant, and then you get to " 9 9 9 " and Carson.   Trump is just the next step. 

Still, I would vote for Trump and his nukes over Ted Cruz any day.   There is literally no politician I like less than I like Ted Cruz.  I would sooner take 12 George W Bushes and Dick Cheneys before I voted for Cruz.  At least Trump is from NY and there is a 50/50 chance he is faking this.   Cruz with that accent and that pausing...I hate the fact we are the same species.  I think the most nauseating thing he ever said was how when he came to America he immediately fell in love with country music...which just so happens to be republican music.   How convenient.   I don't know why nobody ever asks him why he renounced Canada.  Isn't Canada a fine country with fine people?   If he had the character he says he has why would he renounce it?   It's like a Hollywood actor changing their name to because they don't want to be jewish or something.

• Members

this did NOT start with Trump......the RP has been doing this mess since '64 under Barry Goldwater. For me.....it's a blast watching this party finally destroy itself. so hopefully it can be rebuilt from the ground up with some centrists who will work with the Dems (why actually give a damn about us) and get some true legislation done that will help raise wages, get people out of poverty, help our vets and rebuild our public school system. 

• Members

We'll see. I'm not sure they can pull out a narrow escape from Trump, or that their base won't revolt hard and harsh either now or at the convention, which could turn to absolute chaos.

There is no one they can put forward now who's ready or who stands a chance. Rubio was the Great Latino Hope and we all saw what happened there.

Edited by Vee

• Members

What didn't start with Trump? If you were responding to me, I said I'm annoyed with poor people being blamed for the rise of Trump. Pretty sure Trump is the source of Trump, otherwise how is his rise any different than any other Republican candidate? And if he weren't different I don't think they'd be p*ssing themselves over his success.