Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have to admit when I first read stories like these about liberal figures a part of me wonders if its a setup, but this was too detailed to ever give that impression. The duality of his actions - alleged actions I should say - with what he would say and do for the public is breathtaking. It was a very well-written piece. And deeply disturbing.

I saw some meme with Ronan Farrow as Thanos, which probably is how some people feel at the moment...

(not to take away from Jane Mayer)

Edited by DRW50

• Members

If it was someone other than Ronan Farrow* I might wonder. His reputation for meticulous care and research re: these stories is now made. I think he is far too shrewd to be gamed out as a pawn for Trump - he probably considered that possibility first.

Men with Schneiderman's problems can and do compartmentalize or rationalize. But there's a big difference between consensual stuff with two willing partners and clear boundaries, vs. an after-the-fact story one person with power tells themselves. I think the women's stories are all true.

(* - Farrow's good work aside I still have my qualms about the original Mia Farrow/Woody Allen case, so I guess that makes me the worst kind of hypocrite for praising his journalism.)

Edited by Vee