Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It was more about the tone of the article that made it seem as though Trump now 'owns'  Merkel somehow.  Just this morning I read about how Merkel, Marcron and May met over the weekend to discuss possible retaliatory measures against the U.S. should the new tariffs take effect. Those exemptions are due to expire soon, according to what I've read.

On another note, supposedly WH Chief of Staff John Kelly called Trump an idiot (again) but wasn't it part of Kelly's job to get the idiot to gather himself and get some discipline?

• Members

I thought the title of the article was misleading compared to the article itself, which I thought was even enough in showing how distant he was with her and how she had to go along through no other options.

I hadn't even read about this until you mentioned it but it looks like the exemptions do expire very soon. And Wilbur Ross, who went on TV with a can of Coke and supposedly falls asleep during meetings, is negotiating for us? 

It's just like you and others have said - this is just more uncertainty on every level that will make other countries reluctant to do anything with Trump (and in the long run, the US), benefiting countries like China. 

(I do have to laugh at the image of Theresa May trying to get tough and clinging to the EU)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/29/us/politics/us-allies-trade-war-tariff-negotiations.html?mtrref=www.google.com

On another topic, it looks like media darling Marco, weather vane as always, is now posturing against the tax cuts he voted for. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/30/rubio-says-gop-tax-law-is-benefiting-corporations-over-the-american-worker-560666

• Members

Why would they need the man's medical records in the first place?  Didn't Dr. Ronny Howard Jackson release his own report on Trump, saying he was a magnificent pagan beast (or something like that)?  WHAT ARE YOU HIDING, MR. PRESIDENT? 

• Members

Now Harold Borstein (honestly, his medical license should be revoked) admits that he didn't write that letter that basically called Trump a perfect specimen.

The one thing that Trump is truly adept at is smashing others' careers.  Everybody around him will soon be completely unemployable.

• Members

Sorry if this was already posted, but it looks like a lot of the internal issues with Jackson started with his involvement with Mike Pence's wife and family doctor (nothing salacious - he just apparently got too involved with a medical issue involving her, which I have to admit would piss me off too). I wonder if any of his 'people' are the reason there were so many leaks against Jackson.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/05/pence-doctor-complained-to-white-house-about-jackson-report.html