The Politics Thread

• Members

In a way, Stormy's character and life story is straight outta Sidney Sheldon: the ruthless adult film star who claws her way to the top of her tawdry profession...and the equally ruthless "business mogul" and world leader who stands to lose it all, thanks to the dark secret they share, and her take-no-prisoners determination to beat him at his own game.  If this were 1985, Cheryl Ladd and George Peppard would be locks for the miniseries.

I still won't commit totally to the hypothesis that Stormygate will be his undoing, just because I've learned to expect the unexpected, ESPECIALLY where he is concerned.  But I'll always note the irony in this -- a very simple story, about a very simple-minded man, who cheated on his wife, paid to keep it quiet, and now has to pay the consequences -- always threatening to steal away the spotlight from a Sonni/Solita-like mess of a tale involving foreign governments, cyber-espionage, mass public hysteria ("BUT HER EMAILS!!") and general corruption and law-breaking at all the highest levels.

Thanks, Julia, for the article!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I read that NYT article on Cohen.  He is definitely Mob-adjacent.  The depth and breadth of his connections to the Italian and Russian mobs is astounding.

I have a feeling that if Mueller's team does a deep dive into those LLCs, they may uncover a whole lot of signs of money laundering.

• Members

This is like what happens when you have a HW like Doug Marland die or quit the show, leaving behind all these loose story threads that may or may not connect in some way, and will take at least the next several HW'ing regimes to figure out...

...ish.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I know the Guardian has a piece on this a couple of days back. And kudos to them. Farrow is becoming quite the journalist. I am guessing it's some of the same sources he used for this, but IMO he's sitting on a gold mine. 

This is dirty and traitorous. No Israel is not part of the US but they might as well be the way that we pander to them. I think many of us will always have empathy for Israel. The rest of the middle east doesn't want them there or on the planet, and defending oneself is critical. But they have truly become a brutal regime, and have turned into an apartheid state. Netanyahu has been the worst thing to happen to them and us. He was the one who fed Cheney the "intelligence"(I'll call it idea) to make up the WMD story about Iraq. Now Israel is using that blueprint with Iran. Iran ain't Israel and our allies who were with us on Iraq, are not there with Iran. 

I want to know why the media and press bend over for Israel and Saudi Arabia. Well I know. They are bought and paid for by large corporations. Thank goodness for independent journalism. NBC is looking dumber and dumber for blocking Farrow's work.