Plastic Surgery Disasters On The Soaps

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner! Susan Flannery has done more than people would think.

Andrew's list has a lot of people on it who haven't had plastic surgery, just Botox and fillers and sometimes nothing at all. Renee Jones, for example, hasn't done anything and Lauren Koslow hasn't had surgery.

• Members

:P I tried to be as "respectful" as possible, I think you get what I was getting at.

Hinsey wrote a few not-so-blind items about her in IOMO during her time at Y&R, how sad it was that she'd felt the need to have so much work done and how they were styling her hair way in her face and whatnot. Lightbulb, now that I think of it, I'm not sure that she wasn't talking about Tylo, but I'm pretty sure this was during JVA's Gloria run.

• Members

As an African American woman, I feel the need to comment on Renee Jones. A lot of damage can be avoided by simply staying out of the sun and unless you want to look "sunkissed" - as only certain people can - there's no reason for anything more than incidental exposure to sunlight. No tanning beds, no spray tans, no need fto change skin tone at all.

Think Lena Horne, Dianne Carroll or Angela Basset. The saying "Black don't crack" exists for a reason.

• Members

You're absolutely right. African American skin (and even Indian, Asian and Hispanic skin) ages much better than Caucasian skin because the deeply pigmented skin acts as a natural SPF.

In my opinion Renee Jones has done NOTHING...maybe a shot of Botox, but that's a big maybe.

I will say that Diahann Carroll has admitted to a bit of plastic surgery though.

• Members

Apart from Robert Woods and Josh Taylor,(due to their rather obvious work)the men on soaps don't get much of a look in.

I wonder who is natural and who had had touch ups?

Hope Daytime Fan will chip in here.

Some actors to consider:

Peter Bergman

Doug Davidson

Robert Newman

Drake Hogestyn definitely has had some work.

Don Diamont looked very puffy recently after being off Y&R for some weeks.I wonder whether this as a result of a visit to the doctors?

• Members

Susan Flannery's appearance has always fascinated me.

It seems obvious she's had something done because she has a very prominent chin and a tightening at the top of her jawline. It's as though she had a facelift before she put on weight and it served to make it more obvious.

But then while she clearly has had it done, you would think she'd be the last daytime actress to go through that kind of procedure given the complete and utter lack of vanity she (and Stephanie Forrester) have had for the past ten years.

• Members

I'm not totally convinced yet that Susan Lucci had breast implants or a lift done. On the last episode of Dancing with the Stars that she was in, her chest looked flat in a skimpy cha cha outfit. Then the other day I saw pics from Super Soap Weekend, and her chest was huge. Her boobs are confusing me. :huh:

Archived