Plastic Surgery Disasters On The Soaps

• Members

There is a certain level of work that leaves actresses looking attractive but plastic. They have kinda gone too far but they are attractive. Haven't really crossed over to the "freak" territory. I wish these women would leave their lips alone. Just a little filler. One good case of lip filler is Jennifer Garner. I saw some Before and After and it is AMAZING. She had a MAJORLY gummy smile, but once she got her upper lip done- it totally hid her gums. It was kinda cool.

To me, certain actresses in daytime that have that "plastic" look are:

Hunter Tylo

Jennifer Gareis- very unnatural looking woman- total Barbie doll looks, but has not gone completely crazy.

Jacklyn Zeman- If she does one moe thing she is going to end up in the freak category. She has actually had plastic surgery since the 70's. She had a major nosejob if you look at old pics.

Susan Lucci is kinda plastic- but it looks like damn good work.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't bag on laLucci in re to plastic surgery, because it looks awesome! I think her doctors made an amazing job. I would take down her name. Even in the mid-90's, she did something to her nose that just made her features pop. She also has great diet/exercise/trainer that helps with keeping up appearances too.

The older women of GH went downhill fast, maybe in a last ditch effort to keep their jobs. It is sad when an actor can no longer emote. Zeman came to mind twice, once at Georgie's funeral, where she just stood their pouting. It didn't even look like she would be able to speak. The second time was on the Q's terrace when Bobbie tried to reach out to Monica after Emily's death. It was like watching a woman with a fish mask on. Nothing could move.

Hunter has done something, or maybe the surgeries are settling in, that has helped her reclaim some of her mid-90's glory. I remember Drake calling Hunter, "The Body," which for a time was true.

Another poor victim of the knife was Shae Harrison. Poor woman was looking like tiger lady at the end of her run on B&B.

I think Lee Meriweather has had some face work done. Either that, or she is truly a bad actress and can't emote worth [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

Aww, I can't believe you guys laughed at JVA because when I look at those pics I rather feel like crying. :(

Far be it from me to play laptop psychiatrist, but I think she's been suffering with BDD for many many years now and I truly feel for her and hope she gets well. I too have seen her in person (though clothed, but just as tiny as she could be) and you could bounce quarters off of that brow. This was pre-Botox, so what I was probably looking at was an endoscopic browlift (snip snip go the forehead muscles). Fortunately, the tightness in her face has since subsided, but back then her mouth looked truly peculiar, like something I am too ashamed bashful to type... not unlike a goldfish's mouth.

Speaking of which, whoever is responsible for her lips... :o It looks like a doctor extended the peel(s) to her lips, and I find that so disturbing, even if it's something the patient goaded him or her into. Wasn't the issue of her lips a blind item in a soap mag or something?

What distracted me most about Josh Taylor's lift was how it seemed to affect his speech. Please Lord don't tell me that man had a stroke or something and I didn't know, but he didn't sound like that when he was Valerie's husband. I noticed this same speech quality in another daytime actor who'd had a facelift. This slurring, drunk sounding thing where their back teeth meet their cheeks like they aren't quite comfortable in their new faces yet.

I mentioned this in the last thread (we should combine the two), but it was very noticeable when Bob Woods and Erika Slezak appeared to have had their faces done (perhaps those "weekend" thread lifts) around the same time. Bo was sporting that "sourpuss" Liberace/Dolly Parton look for a few weeks.

• Members

I'm with you...she looks OK.

Jeanne Cooper had an S Lift (mini face lift) last year right after Out of Latham's Ass...she likely went that route because it can be done under local anesthetic with some IV sedation (general anesthetic is more dangerous and at her age I bet her doctor advised against it)

• Members

I haven't watched the show in a while and I was noticing just today, especially without makeup, how good her jawline and cheeks look.

I think Lucci looks so wonderful because she has a great discerning eye for her own face, she knows what works for her and I have a feeling that she plans to the point of over-thinking any decision that has to do with her appearance. She's a perfectionist and I'm sure she wants only the best, most-qualified people touching her face.

I think she looked great even when her nose still had its "bump" (which I think came from breaking it in a car wreck, judging from earlier pics it doesn't look like she always had it). But with work, she just looks like the bronzed version of herself, still her but always maintaining and improving.

DTF, I asked you this in an AMC thread, but do you think her cheeks are the result of weight loss, implants, or a good malar lift?

• Members

You're absolutely bang on. Susan Lucci has a VERY discerning eye for her own face, she looks at things aesthetically, what looks good vs what looks bad. It isn't a matter of looking 'young' it's a matter of looking 'good' for her, that's why she looks that great. And her work has been done by Dr Daniel Baker, it's not a secret, NY Magazine printed it some time ago.

I always liked Lucci's old nose, it was more ethnic and suited her face. The new one suits her as well, it wasn't a dramatic change. Jackie Zeman's nose job was also beautifully done...her fillers less so. But again, at Robin and Patrick's wedding, Jackie was looking better than she has in years!

SFK: I believe Susan Lucci's cheeks are a result of weight loss and the general thinning of the face that occurs as people age. She's always had strong cheekbones, they were simply buried under her formerly rounder face. I have that kind of face shape, so I look forward to my 60s, I'm going to be a hot old dude.

My advice to EVERYONE is forget about looking young because those days are OVER, you'll never look young again, EVER, give up! Focus on looking good for you, your age and your face.

• Members

Is there a woman in american soaps over the age of 50 who hasn`t had work done? Susan Flannery is the only one who looks naturally and also Alley Mills.

Deidre Hall (The Doris Day copy, but Doris still looked better)

Lauren Koslow (I think Lauren and Renee share the same plastic surgeon.

Renee Jones (they are starting to look like each other.

Tanya Boyd (Plus the biggest collection of wigs in the history of Days, plus fake boobs)

Robin Strasser

Marj Dusay (Can this woman`s face be anymore lift?).

Suzanne Rogers

Susan Seaforth Hayes

Bill Hayes

John Aniston (Bad plastic surgery in face)

Peggy McCay (Facelift)

Josh Taylor (Really bad plastic surgery, involving facelift)

Katherine Kelly Lang (Looked better before her plastic surgery)

Catherine Hickland

Kim Johnston Ulrich

Susan Lucci ( I Think it is rather ridicolous with a woman in her sixties acting like teen.)

Melody Thomas Scott

Judith Chapman

Patsy Pease

Ellen Dolan

Tina Sloan (Probaly)

Anne Jeffreys (Ex Amanda GH)

Jackie Zeman

Ron Moss (Awful plastic surgery)

Leslie Charleson

Julia Barr

The Horrible Plastic Surgery

Joan Van Ark (Everyone understands)

Hunter Tylo (The woman destroyed her face)

Lesley-Anne Down (This one annoys me so much, she was the most beautiful then enyone back on Upstairs Downstairs, and she looked good on Sunset Beach and she looked good on B&B the first years, but she lookes so strange know, she has become slimmer and she probaly has had plastic surgery done aswell, to bad cause she looked so great!.)

You asked about it, so i wrote down all the ones i could think of, ok?!. :P;):P;)

Archived